Completing the Scan of All WT Publications - Bibles List

by ILoveTTATT2 50 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    "fatboy"

really? I mean isn't that like fattist?!? - I thought it was called the Jumbo Bible?

Details are important.

Anyway, I think you might - from a technical point-of-view - have this reversed?

What is the history of the Jumbo that AvoidJW is claiming to be the Jumbo?

Compare the front covers between the 'claimed' and the 'actual' Jumbo (also showing thickness of spine) below:

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

I have that one where they combine all the individual editions into the one Fatboy Edition copyright 1953 through 1960

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

OK...

So here's the Christian Greek Original Volume, shown below, which is the 1950 FIRST EDITION, along with the original green card bookmark (!)

Below are the 1963 Jumbo Bibles, showing the copyright dates

Now compare the two:

Example Original 1950 page below - showing Matthew Chapter One

Example Jumbo 1963 page below - showing Matthew Chapter One

NOTICE - extra footnote, and extra 'cross-references'

I believe the extra cross-references are actually the 'CHAIN-references' that where added:

I understand that the Christian Greek Volume that AvoidJW apparently has is actually the REVISED 1 May 1951 EDITION (which also appears in the so-called Fatboy edition) and this appears to match the 1963 Jumbo Bible.

Does that make sense??

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Hi darkspilver,

Wow, again you wow me that you have the original 1950 Bible and the Fatboy.
    Avoidjw.org claims to have the 1950 one but it is actually the 1951 revision. It also claims to have the fatboy but it is just a PDF of the individual volumes combined. The "fatboy" is actually missing. I have already told avoidjw's admin this, and it will be changed soon.

So the 1950 and the fatboy 1961 and 1963 are still missing.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I also have what you call the "fatboy" (this is the first I've heard that term but I guess it fits), the 1953-1960 published in 1963. This naïve young (age 23) man (that's me) has underlining in the preface that I now have no idea why I did it.

With all those cross references, footnotes, etc. -- we all thought it was the ultimate in the technology of the day.

I'm not sure what computer technology WT had in those days. The midwestern company that I worked for in 1963 would introduced us to labor reporting the following year, data that was fed via punch cards into an IBM 360.

• objavitelj
    objavitelj

Difference between first NWT edition and all later revisions is in Matthew 24:45:

original: Who really is a faithful and discreet slave

later: Who really is the faithful and discreet slave

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Difference between first NWT edition and all later revisions is in Matthew 24:45:

no, it's not

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Fatfreak,

I'm not sure what computer technology WT had in those days.

I doubt that they used any computer tech in the 50s and early 60s. They probably used old fashioned linotypes and a lot of typesetting work.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    And then...
    no, it's not

Can someone perhaps comment on this? Is this difference perhaps between other editions?
  • darkspilver
    darkspilver

objavitelj is just making it up

My 1950 first edition NWT Christian Greek volume says 'the', as does the 1963 jumbo/fatboy

ergo objavitelj is literally just making it up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit