Completing the Scan of All WT Publications - Bibles List

by ILoveTTATT2 50 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

I am working with Paul Grundy from JWFacts and with the administrator of AvoidJW.org, and they are ok with me doing the work that I am doing right now, which is to try and complete, as much as possible, the availability of everything the WT has ever published, in PDF format.

Therefore, I will start listing in this thread what I have not been able to find anywhere online. Please let me know where I can find the PDF's for the following:

(Now, I know that there are multiple versions of these and that there are some that seem the same but they are not. I am looking for the WT Published versions of these publications. For example, I am not looking for the J.B. Rotherham Bible itself, but the WT published J.B. Rotherham Bible).

Details are important. There is already an Emphatic Diaglott available, but it is the 1902 version. Looking for the 1926 version. The "fatboy" on avoidjw.org is not really the "fatboy", the real "fatboy" version can be found on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-FAT-BOY-EDITION-OF-NEW-WORLD-TRANSLATION-OF-THE-HOLY-SCRIPTURES-WATCHTOWER-/222499559042

I haven't been able to find a PDF or a copy for purchase of the full NWT from 1961.

1890 New Testament, by Joseph B. Rotherham, second edition1902 Holman Linear Parallel Edition (with Berean Bible study helps)1907 Watch Tower Bible (King James Version with Berean Helps) (Bible Students Edition, Berean Bible)1908 Watch Tower Bible (Berean Bible) (new edition)1926 The Emphatic Diaglott (Originally 1902, 1926 printing)1942 King James Version (Originally 1611, 1942 printing)1944 American Standard Version (Originally 1901, 1944 printing)1952 New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures (1951 revision) (© 1950)1961 New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (revised)1963 New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (revised)

1971 New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures English (1971 revision, large size)1972 The Bible in Living English (1972)2014 New World Translation, 2013 edition, "Reference"

If you could help me source these, we should put them in a location where they'll be available for a long time.
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Really bad formatting... grr...

1890 New Testament, by Joseph B. Rotherham, second edition
    1902 Holman Linear Parallel Edition (with Berean Bible study helps)
    1907 Watch Tower Bible (King James Version with Berean Helps) (Bible Students Edition, Berean Bible)
    1908 Watch Tower Bible (Berean Bible) (new edition)
    1926 The Emphatic Diaglott (Originally 1902, 1926 printing)
    1942 King James Version (Originally 1611, 1942 printing)
    1944American Standard Version (Originally 1901, 1944 printing)
    1952 New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures (1951 revision) (© 1950)
    1961 New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (revised)
    1963 New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (revised)
    1971 New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures English (1971 revision, large size)
    1972 The Bible in Living English (1972)
    2014 New World Translation, 2013 edition, "Reference"

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

If we were to have any of those books that are not in PDF what arrangement would there be for you to acquire them? Are you going to buy them?

• vienne
    vienne

The 1926 printing [Memorial Edition] of the Diaglott does not differ in any respect from earlier or later editions except in page size.

Other than the Watch Tower name on the title page, the Rotherham NT is as originally published. You don't gain anything but more work by scanning them.

• vienne
    vienne

The various editions of the NWT you ask for are still under copyright. You open yourself up to a law suit if you copy them without permission.

• vienne
    vienne

The 1942 printing of the King James bible is the same as that published by World Press in the 1930s. There are no additional notes or introduction. Probably a waste of time to scan.

The Watch Tower edition of the ASV has no additional matter except the Watch Tower imprint on the second printing. There is no special introduction or notes.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    If we were to have any of those books that are not in PDF what arrangement would there be for you to acquire them? Are you going to buy them?
    Hi VI, I am asking for the goodwill of the exJW community. I just want the publications to be accesible for research purposes. Kinda like when someone asks in here for X or Y publication scanned.
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Vienne, do you know about the

1902 Holman Linear Parallel Edition (with Berean Bible study helps)

1907 Watch Tower Bible (King James Version with Berean Helps) (Bible Students Edition, Berean Bible)

1908 Watch Tower Bible (Berean Bible) (new edition)

??
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The 1972 Bible In Living English is currently available on the JW's own tablet, I believe.

• vienne
    vienne

I have the 1908 bible. It is the same as the Berean manual. It is much easier to buy one of the reprints of the manual. There is no point to re-scaning the King James over and over. The 1902 Holman Linear is very rare. I do not have it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit