No new releases? How are the r&f taking this?

by purrpurr 40 Replies latest jw friends

• careful
    careful

the WT has figured out how to create Mass Amnesia year by year.

LOL!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    ttdtt - tchotchke

Just when I thought this was some bloke from Star trek voyager.................

Image result for star trek chakotay

• sir82
    sir82

somehow the WT has figured out how to create Mass Amnesia year by year.

"1975? Oh yes, I lived through it. It was just some overzealous brothers pushing a date. There certainly was never anything official, never anything in print."

.....says the JW who sold his house and quit his job in 1974 to pioneer for the "few remaining months" in "this old system".

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I thought I saw a new book/mag on offer on the carts this morning. I made my way across the road and it looked like a Jonah book/mag in plastic wrapper. Picked it up and it was simply the convention release unfolded in a plastic bag... also containing an Awake! on "12 Secrets Of Successful Families" (oh the irony!).

Seriously wafer thin. I actually didn't even know it was in there until I opened the bag.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I went to the international in 06 in Hamburg Germany. Instead of reinvigorating me, it had the opposite effect.

I was emotionally and physically drained. Took a year to pay off that credit card.

I left the Borg in 07.

I see 12 years later Jehoober's Chariot lumbers on.

Snakes

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sir82 - "...'1975? Oh yes, I lived through it. It was just some overzealous brothers pushing a date. There certainly was never anything official, never anything in print'... says the JW who sold his house and quit his job in 1974 to pioneer for the 'few remaining months' in 'this old system'..."

Translation:

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

2006. ''Deliverance at Hand"

I remember everyone saying this 'is the last Convention' ever. And if you were overheard by any Dub talking about your jobs/projects for the next few months or year you were pretty much 'stink-eyed' and labeled as 'pre-apostate'.

Yes,Jehovahs' chariot 'lumbers' LOL!!!!

• Spiral
    Spiral

@SEARRIL I agree with you. I don't know how much $ the WTBS has in the (offshore) bank, but I'm sure they are trying to keep what they have under control. They could care less about whether the rank and file want a "new release" because none of them have the "smarts" to write anything that would be new and fresh any more. They are recycling the drivel because that's all there is, but by using videos they are trying to distract the membership into thinking it's something shiny and new.

Retreads, indeed.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Spiral - "...none of them have the 'smarts' to write anything that would be new and fresh any more. They are recycling the drivel because that's all there is..."

Well, that's what happens when your oracle (Freddy Franz) insists he's 100% correct, and kicks the bucket without leaving any kind of protege.

• carla
    carla

If they truly believed the Bible, "

Hebrews 13:8 New International Version (NIV)

8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

They wouldn't need any new 'releases', ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit