No new releases? How are the r&f taking this?

by purrpurr 40 Replies latest jw friends

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Is it true that there's been no new releases at this summer's convention? If so it will be the first convention in decades perhaps ever to not produce at least a new tract.

How are the r&f explaining this to eachother? Surely they must have noticed the absence?

Of course we know the answer is likely to be that they can't afford the printing bill or maybe they've finally run out of new things to say?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

With all the razzamataz of being at the WT movies all day I'd say they don't care - conventions have that effect on people.

Also on the upside no more crappy books to find storage for at home yaaaaaaay.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They released the new Jonah video, what are you talking about? There’s never been so much spiritual food released as there is now.

Plus any suggestion of Watchtower financial difficulty is clearly ludicrous.

• careful
    careful

It's always "the best assembly ever" and "whatever the F&D slave says" and "you don't think you know more than Jehovah and his org know, do you?"

Besides, watching a video requires less mental work than reading a book, right? Today's R&F love that!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The only thing I cared about at conventions was...

can I go home now... please ....I beg you for the love of god make it stoooooop😫😣

Never mind, there there, here's a book of propoganda for ya to take home.

Oh ok that makes it all worthwhile then --- words you never heard from me ever.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Why do they need a new release when they just had the final video with bearded Jesus riding on clouds wielding a bow and arrow to save them from the hordes of worldly people!?

No time to read new stuff. They have JUST GOT TO BE COURAGEOUS AND HANG ON!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They've run of bullshit and anything they proclaim gets analyzed on the inter net for its viability.

Long standing false prophetic charlatans like the WTS. have to be careful what they say.

Don't want to give up the con their playing on to people.

• Spiral
    Spiral

OMG! This is a first. I didn't even realize that there wasn't anything new. No one has even mentioned this new Jonah video to me. (Nor did I think to ask.)

Sometimes I don't think I'm the fader, it's the old time JW WT that has faded..... away!

• James Jack
    James Jack

At the Annual Meeting they announced that they were reducing the literature output significantly so as not to put any additional pressure on the Friends.

• Listener
    Listener

It costs money to produce new literature, it has to be translated and at least a certain amount has to be put in print. There's also the cost of having the writing committee to come up with it in the first place. It's produced at a loss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit