January 2020 Watchtower - Dogma being force-fed yet again as "truth"!

by The Fall Guy 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

They say nearly 300,000 people each year get baptised as Jehovah`s witnesses ,do they also say how many people leave Jehovah`s witnesses each year ?

I think that would be a nice comparison .Of course they are never ever going to admit that fact.

• btlc
    btlc

Figures can vary from country to country, but generally JW still growing slowly. Yet, last few years they oscillate around 0.109%. I used data from WT reports and worldometers.info:

• btlc
    btlc

Must correct myself, data source for the world population from last post was wikipedia. Using worldometers.info numbers are slightly different:

Anyway, decceleration of the growth is there, but declining of JW is not on sight anytime soon.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Blonde. Why do you print out the Watchtowers when they are in PDFs?

And when Jesus said eat my flesh and drink my blood, he later explained it and also at the memorial.

Father, son and Holy spirit had no explanation.

Conybeare had some articles saying that.

There are plenty of websites stating it was added.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Smiddy said"Followers of Jesus Christ , Christians , are to be witnesses of Jesus ,not Jehovah according to the NWT of the Bible ."

Rutherford put the name Jehovah's Witnesses on the followers because of Isaiah 43 so nicely put it.

Also he compared the anointed at that time to the Israelites in their relationship to Jehovah.

• blondie
    blondie

Rutherford put the name jws because he was trying to distance himself from Russell and his worshippers, and being identified with Bible Students. By 1931 there were several separate Bible student groups that had split off from the WTS. Very confusing to the general public. There are still some older people who call the members of the WTS, Russellites.

• Half banana
    Half banana

"Father, Son and Holy Spirit" sounds exactly like an incantation added to the 'sacred' texts in the fourth century. What we call the Bible has never had universal agreement of what bits should be retained or added and the process continues to this day. JWs for example have added the Bronze Age name of the Phoenician deity Yahweh, son of El. They did it because it suited their brand image as champions of the name of this god. F,S and HS would have been added for the same reason, it was to become the language of the trinity in the great Roman fusion of all beliefs, cults and species of Christianity at the establishment of the Catholic faith.

@btlc, thanks for those percentage figures of JW membership. It is interesting to see how JW numbers no longer keep up with the annual growth in world population which hovers between 1.10 and 1.14%. Although it is very close, it means they are not making much headway even with 300k new members each year.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Interesting article finally addressing the fact that anointed numbers continue to rise. The article is FULL of what "we" do "not do." Rule-making in full bloom, as is doubling down on how anyone "anointed" better not get any ideas about being special in any way shape or form because they sure as hell AREN'T and they better not forget it!

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock
    Good points.
    I will add this tidbit I have been thinking about lately. Making disciples does not equate to making Jehovah’s Witnesses.
    You could make a disciple of Jesus simply by showing a person his teachings. Like 4 books of the bible.
    What JW’s do is recruit members. Like all cults and mlm companies.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The bible= hebrew mythology. written by jews, about jews, for the jews! IMHO!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit