January 2020 Watchtower - Dogma being force-fed yet again as "truth"!

by The Fall Guy 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

If the wording & context of a scripture is dismissed at the outset, then every statement and assumption which follows is implicititly false.

In the very first Study Article, the Gibbering Body continues to indoctrinate the sheeple to accept that over 500 people met Jesus on the mountain - despite the blatant fact that 1 Corinthians 15:6 says absolutely nothing about the 500 people being anywhere near Galilee!

(Matthew 28:16-20) However, the 11 disciples went to Galʹi·lee to the mountain where Jesus had arranged for them (the 11 disciples) to meet.

(Exactly who & how many did Jesus arrange to meet on the mountain???

17 When they (the 11 disciples) saw him, they (the 11 disciples) did obeisance, but some doubted.

18 Jesus approached and spoke to them, (the 11 disciples) saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.

19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

20 teaching them to observe (Greek – to remain in their spriritual aware state, but not to become preachers & teachers!) all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” (the Jewish system of things which he'd just explained was going to end – not the end of the world!)

There was no type/antitype inferred here, because Jesus assured them at Matthew 24:21 that the great tribulation which they would see, would never occur again. Was Jesus joking?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

why jan 2020 watchtower-?---its still october here in the UK

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Fallie - The corporation has always done this. I even wondered if it was so that they could appear to have special knowledge, but even that seems a desperate measure here.

I think TOMO3 was drunk as a lord and either seeing double, or making it up because he can.

• blondie
    blondie

Very good, Fall Guy.

(I just printed the January 2020 WT, hot off my printer)

Yes, the WTS is using more sly techniques to indoctrinate jws to their viewpoint not their bible's, they count on the fact that jws hardly take time to read the WT publications let alone the complete bible.

I ask some jws and even ex-jws, does Acts 15 ever say "governing body" and does the WTS ever put quotes around the phrase "governing body" to indicate it is a quote from Acts 15. Most will say that Acts uses that phrase. When I show them it doesn't, the jws get confused and I see cognitive dissonance start to show on their faces and ex-jws have an aha moment.

• waton
    waton

wt writers always picture events as they would in today's wt land. like "Timothy accepted his assignment" , "Paul served the Philippi congregation." making the congregation feel like Sapphira and Annanias the second would die any moment now.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Another perhaps small point I would ask them is IF the reference to elders in Jerusalem being the first century governing body as the basis for the eight JW governing body today, why did the entire congregation in Jerusalem have authority to make a decision and who exactly does THAT apply to today?

(Acts 15:22) . . .Then the apostles and the elders, together with the whole congregation, decided to send chosen men from among them to Antioch, along with Paul and Barʹna·bas; they sent Judas who was called Barʹsab·bas and Silas, who were leading men among the brothers. . .

• waton
    waton
    Jesus assured them at Matthew 24:21 that the great tribulation which they would see, would never occur again. Was Jesus joking?

TFG:

It is this supposed, second, very catastrophic application, a super Armageddon, an ueber-deluge , not the wrecking of Jerusalem that wt implies is the more, and final fulfillment that Jesus (according to wt) was referring to, that jws [make] believe

The very idea that Jesus endorsed the 'topping of Everest flood' is that sinks the whole story. telling.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When people take ancient mythological expressions as fact rather than fiction, you set yourself up in a state emotive delusions .

Here's a fact .... the ancient Hebrews lied and bullshited up stories particularly about their god(s) and not surprising so did all the other ancient civilizations.

• btlc
    btlc

I can't help but notice how desperate WT trying to avoid any mention "...in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit...", both in yeartext and study article. It is funny reading paragraph 3:

Read Matthew 28:16-20. At the meeting that Jesus organized, he outlined the vital work that his disciples would accomplish throughout the first century​—the same work that we are accomplishing today. Jesus said: “Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, . . . teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.”

Same work as Jesus outlined, by omiting and denying his words how to baptize disciples? Sure.

• waton
    waton

Same work as Jesus outlined, by omiting and denying his words how to baptize disciples? Sure.

b: nice find. and wt writers replacing the time-honoured " Father, Son & HS" formula with :

"the spirit directed organization" an induction rite into a cult, only vaguely resembling with what Christianity started out with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit