"Smash The Old World"

by cofty 46 Replies latest social current

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

I don!t think humans have managed to fully adjust to the discovery of agriculture and the development of cities - some simply do not want to consider sharing with those they do not like or even just to develop the kind of curiosity about other people that could help them to expand their imagination even if they cannot get over their feelings of dislike

• cofty
    cofty

I think Jonathan Haidt's book on the "Righteous Mind" explains the psychology behind a lot of modern-day tribalism.

"Lefties" can't even comprehend how somebody can think differently from them and still be a moral, compassionate and ethical person.

• sir82
    sir82

"Lefties" can't even comprehend how somebody can think differently from them and still be a moral, compassionate and ethical person.

I would agree if you merely added the word "Some" to the beginning of that sentence.

And with all due respect, I think that issue applies to more than one "righty" as well.

• Fairlane
    Fairlane

Moralistic, compassionate and ethical are absolutely not the ownership of the broad sweep of 'left' or 'right' bias political or otherwise. ....hold your horses there boy ,an absolute in either camp has pitfalls..... if nothing else history tells us that oh how the mighty have often fallen.

• cofty
    cofty
    with all due respect, I think that issue applies to more than one "righty" as well

There was an interesting study that showed how "lefties" failed miserably to describe the moral landscape of "righties" and predict their responses to ethical dilemmas, but the opposite was not true. I will try to find you the reference.

• cofty
    cofty
    hold your horses there boy ,an absolute in either camp has pitfalls....

Of course. I didn't say otherwise did I?

• Fairlane
    Fairlane

""Lefties cant " would seem to be a complete and certain stance, but you redeemed yourself well done !

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Will the left never learn?

no

• Simon
    Simon
    There was an interesting study that showed how "lefties" failed miserably to describe the moral landscape of "righties" and predict their responses to ethical dilemmas, but the opposite was not true. I will try to find you the reference.

I'd be interested to read that too - it wouldn't surprise me at all, the left's position on many things contradict their claimed principles. I don't actually think that they really know what they believe, everything seems to be driven by negatives (i.e. things they hate) and convenience (who is willing to agree with them) more than anything else.

• never a jw
    never a jw

"There was an interesting study that showed how "lefties" failed miserably to describe the moral landscape of "righties" and predict their responses to ethical dilemmas, but the opposite was not true. I will try to find you the reference. "

Studies abound to prove whatever you want Cofty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit