Today's Special Day Assembly Expenses and the $10,499 Deficit. Silent Majority?

by Tenacious 61 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Is it common practice to announce how much has been collected towards the end of the day? It'd be interesting to get counts of

Total Attendance

Number of Baptisms

Amount "Needed"

Amount collected by late afternoon

I've never been to one of these assemblies. I'm not a 'witness' - just an observer.

• steve2
    steve2

Two points, the first a question:

1. Do they ever issue itemized invoices for the rank and file to inspect ( after all that is sound and standard business practice as it is the rank and file who are called upon to pay)?

2. There are no baptisms at one-day assemblies.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The expenses for this ONE-DAY assembly totaled $11,000 ... the assembly hall is paid for, all work including maintenance is done by the friends

These GB b*****ds have got a bloody nerve. Disgraceful.

• Tech49
    Tech49

I can confirm what James Jack mentioned earlier. We had our Circuit Assembly day yesterday, accounts were read and brother mentioned that yes, our per capita expense had more than doubled to the $10.50/publisher fee. Even in his tone and inflection, you couldn't help but notice him stumble at that one. Thusly, with an attendance of right at 1,000 our amount "due" was just shy of $11,000. This on an assembly hall that is fully booked every weekend, and has been paid for for years. Our contributions were thus far at less than half of what was "needed". They had an announcement about contributions 3 times throughout the day, in addition to the CO talk about using our material possessions for the greatest good (meaning DONATE).

Along with the very pointed standard comments about not buying the newest gadgets and phones (including a demo, yes seriously). The father and son re-thought buying the newest phones for the whole family, so they could send the money to WT instead (seriously, they said that!). Oh, and a comment or two thrown in about "tight pants" , and what Tony Morris was really trying to say,...from the CO...

Oh, and for the first time ever that I can recall, we had a flat ZERO baptized. Way to go pioneers, elders, and CO's ! Outstanding use of your time for the last 9 months! Bravo! The cart witnessing is obviously soooo effective!

I overheard more than one comment about the lack of baptismal candidates, even the brother giving the talk wasnt quite sure what to think! MASSIVE FAIL.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

By the end of the day, they probably took in $20,000+

Dwain

• Calebs Airplane
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    $11,000? ..... Did they make an announcement that they would like to send the leftovers to "Mother"? Did they ask for a consensus? and did everyone clap?
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Yeah, I always thought it was funny when there was a lack of funds at an assembly, they would carry that deficit to the next assembly. But when there was too much, they would automatically send the difference to the society.
  • steve2
    steve2

Granted the thread topic is about funding the "cost" of assemblies, but posters are are also talking about two different events: The Special One Day Assembly (where no baptisms are ever held) and Circuit Assemblies (where there usually are baptisms - but these are sometimes "save up" until Regional Conventions, i.e., they used to be called District Conventions).

• Stumpy
    Stumpy

Tech49

Oh, and a comment or two thrown in about "tight pants" , and what Tony Morris was really trying to say,...from the CO...

This is hilarious! Obviously it has caused quite a stir amongst the brothers . Could you fill us in on what the co thought he was really trying to say mate?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit