Today's Special Day Assembly Expenses and the $10,499 Deficit. Silent Majority?

by Tenacious 61 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Today I attended a one-day assembly in my hometown. I knew when it came time to read the afternoon expenses that it would be an incredibly high and ridiculous amount that was nowhere near the real expenses for that day.

Sure enough, after lunch came the announcement. The expenses for this ONE-DAY assembly totaled $11,000.

I thought "what a nice round tidy number" and then looked over at the spouse who is still very much in, and she just rolled her eyes at me and quietly told me to not overreact or say anything. I had been telling her that we would once again foot an expensive bill.

Mind you, the assembly hall is paid for, all work including maintenance is done by the friends, and wastes are kept to a minimum of course. Can utilities really be that high for 1,700 friends? The total contribution made by 3 p.m.? $501.

Prior to making the actual expense figure known, the brother tried to make excuses about us now belonging to a new circuit, yada, yada, etc.

Could the friends be revolting and getting fed up with expenses that don't add up? I did tell my spouse that it seems that the friends are no longer buying what the WTS is trying to sell them.

Anyone else have any similar experiences?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I think that putting a single penny into their contribution box might get the message across.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    We have not attended in 3 years so we don't really know. My 2 cents is people are only staying in due to family relations and the socializing in the org. The best revenge for so many is hitting the WT in the pocketbook. We think all the money grabbing and begging (May broadcast) is starting to backfire. Oh yeah!
  • blondie
    blondie
    The brothers in auditing have to pay an arbitrary dollar amount as a "donation" to the main WT admin from every assembly/convention first. Especially if more jws are voting with their wallets...and there is no longer any money through food and publication distribution. There is always a deficit; a guilting tactic for jws.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Expenses for these events are always phony. Usually the biggest "expense" occurs the result of elders voting to accept a recommended donation to Watchtower's World Wide Work fund. It's a scam.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JWs own the Building..

All the labour is free..

It would cost well under $100.00 to open the doors and turn on the lights..

What is the other $ 10,900.00 for?..

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    May the trend continue.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

They have used the phoney assembly hall expenses scam for a long time, I think people are getting wise to it. This seems even more blatant and fake than in the past. It doesn't take a genius to figure out it all doesn't add up.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    This is a cash bleeding organization that can't turn a profit anymore their days are number as is probably that Assembly Hall if it don't have a good enough cash flow for mother organization.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I am soooo impressed by the members of the circuit or whatever. 1,700 of them and only 500 donated? That means probably more than 1500 of them are waking up or at least not total idiots. If I'm not assuming too much by the utter lack of donations. JWs maybe are donating to actual needy people or taking care of their families an buying their kids some ice cream!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit