Lingering doubts and internal debates

by Huxley1979 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Huxley1979
    Huxley1979

Hello, I am in the beginning stages of a slow fade. Over the years I have become more and more dissatisfied with the beliefs, teachings, and organizational practices of the organization. I no longer have faith in it. I no longer feel a part of the community. I still believe in Jehovah and want a relationship with him but not a relationship with the organization.

That being said, I do still have a constant debate in my mind. For example, with everything that is going on right now (the world seems to be going to hell in a handbasket) it seems like it could be a really bad time to be leaving on the off chance that they actually are right. Have you dealt with these debates and if so how?

Thanks in advance!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

ive never had that problem. My world is just fine. But then i dont believe in god.

try it sometime.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Consider looking at jwfacts many of your doubts will probably be considered on that site , considered with a open mind.

Enjoy your freedom to consider another point of view.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HUXLEY1979:

I am a twenty-year ‘Fader’.

When 9/11 happened, many inactive Witnesses went running back to the meetings. Not me though. I was in the early stages of ‘fading’ and just starting to feel somewhat normal like I felt before I made the mistake of getting involved with the JW religion. No way was I going back to that mental abuse.

Here we are now twenty years later in a world filled with different crises. I don’t feel compelled in the slightest to be around the Witnesses. You’re going to have to do a lot of research and learning about this religion so that you are not gripped with fear.

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

The world is always going to hell in a hand basket. That is the one constant. There is no proof of a god and no way to prove one does or does not exist. Unless one shows up and reveals themselves to the world. You are carrying a lot of baggage from a cult that is very dangerous and has played mind games with its members over the years. You have to start to think in a different way. That is that its all BS. God very well may not exist. There is no proof of a god so you don't need to pick a particular religion or belief system to cling on to. If you want one fine but you will have to cling to it with out any evidence what so ever. The cult has caused harm and if you can not self examine you may need to see a therapist to get the help needed to deprogram.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Study the historic of the ancient nation of Israel. There are plenty of academic works that reveal exactly how a Canaanite tribe reinvented itself into Israel while in Persian captivity. You will learn about how they originally worshiped the Baal pantheon, El and his wife Asherah.

Why did the Israelites make a golden calf while Moses was receiving the 10 Commandments? Because El is often represented as a bull.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Welcome Huxley! Glad you found us.

I was in the audience at Dodger Stadium when Freddie Franz yelled into the microphone "this old world will not survive the end of this century!" And by george, I believed him 100%. As a JW you only look for and only see the bad going on. You are taught to hook onto it so you can offer a pet lion on a paradise earth to worldly people. And boy did I. And I was successful in converting 4 people to the faith.

One of the major factors of my leaving was a series that was played on PBS in 1999-2000, about apocalyptic religions. It traced many groups through the centuries predicting 1000, 1500, 1844, 1879 etc etc. as THE year of god's great war with satan and "their" faithful as the only worthy survivors. I had no idea. I was raised a JW, and I thought only they had the inside scoop on this whole business. Turns out JW's were just one of many groups that interpreted scripture to their own agenda, each with their unique argument as to why their calculations were the only correct ones.

As read and gather more information outside the JW box, you will gain more confidence in your decision.

Wishing you peace of mind and comfort for the journey.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

You’re asking wether a religion that’s predicted Armageddon 6 times already has finally got it correct? And all because some guy obsessed with pyramids measured the hall of the great pyramid of Giza (in inches, mind you) and convinces himself that 1914 would be the date for Armageddon...

Seriously.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

How can what is going on right now be any worse that what took place in Europe during the time of Hitler?

just saying!

You got a point. Maybe you should stay in. You sure don't want to be on the wrong side when your loving god Jehovah (that you still believe in) comes to Earth to kill 8 BILLION men, women and children, even though vast majority of those people he'll be killing never even heard him.

Just because his organization is corrupt I sure he is still a cool guy.

If you want to believe in god that's OK but Jehovah....

Time to deprogram yourself my friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit