Can't shake the feeling the end is near, help me

by m0nk3y 34 Replies latest jw friends

• josh_SanDiego
    josh_SanDiego

I actually have been going through the same thing lately. I am 26 yrs. old and have been out for three years. I find myself especially recently looking at the news and thinking that the "old way" might be right. At the same time all of my thoughts are buffered by the hypocrisy I saw in the "truth" and then all of the things I have learned since I have been out. I don't have any advice, I am in the same boat as you...you are not alone in your fears.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This Friday, February 14th, 2003, the SHOWTIME network (cable/dish) will be showing the fourth episode of Penn & Teller's new show "BULLSH!T". The subject will be "the end of the world."

The end-times expectations of several groups will be examined.

Consider this: they can't all be right, but they can all be wrong.

The show is 30 minutes long and is repeated on Sunday. Check your local listings to verify times.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Josh

You oughtta stop watching/listening to news. It's not healthy. It has artificial additives in it. Stay w the natural stuff; you know, the rustling of the tree leaves, singing of birds, or even music. If you wanna get really radical, you could try silence.

SS

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

If the WTS was wrong before (1840, 1872, 1873, 1874, 1878, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1932, 1975) why would there any reason to believe that they are right this time?

Have any of their "prophesies" come true? One? If anything did come true was that a prophesy fulfilled or just coincidence?

Why would I or anyone give credence to what the WTS says now? Especially when they have been wrong wrong wrong so many other times?

• r51785
    r51785

Prophecy is very clear:

The end cannot come until the Chicago Cubs play the Boston Red Sox in the World Series. If this day ever comes then know that we are doomed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit