Blood Card Issue

by pometerre21 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

This is disgusting. When they want to "simplify" something it's always because of either legal or financial reasons. They probably don't want to explain the accepting your own blood and fractions doctrine to the older ones who would question the change.

I can assure you, as a nurse who has worked in A & E ( ER as you call it) the default option is to save life first, if there is any question. Do please have a word with your doctor and get him to make a note on your medical records that you are being, essentially, bullied into signing. How about wearing a medic alert bracelet or chain with a note INSIDE stating you accept blood if it would ease your mind?

• pometerre21
    pometerre21

Update: he asked for it. I’ve put off signing it but now I feel like I have to turn it in. I’ve been really good about acting mentally in, and I really need to maintain PIMO status right now.

So if I don’t carry the card in my wallet, in an emergency they would just save my life right? In the U.S in ER situations, do they contact someone to ask about blood first?

Also, do you guys think if I put a non-JW sibling as my first contact that it would raise red flags?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

So if I don’t carry the card in my wallet, in an emergency they would just save my life right? In the U.S in ER situations, do they contact someone to ask about blood first?

Carry an updated card in your wallet that states that you DO accept transfusions if necessary to save your life. The latest date overrides anything done previously. They'll find your wallet card long before the Cong Secty can find the older card in the file. Buy then you'd be dead in any trauma.

Let's review: It's a Cult!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Ah, the games faders have to play. If you're going to do something like DOC says above, which might be your only play if you're really willing to potentially sign your life away to the cult, be sure to maybe speak with a lawyer about it. Maybe you could get something drawn up legally because otherwise they'll bring in their copies of your papers and they'll be sure to have people speak for you as to you being a good JW so they'll try to establish a pattern of you as a JW despite anything you do to circumvent it.

Or you could just establish a boundary and say that you won't do it, you won't give them one. Just say you're a private person or that you feel weird or something and be quirky and don't do what they say. I don't think they can disfellowship you because you don't give them a copy of your card. You will have to sack up and take a stand though. Or just let them bully you like they do with their bad cult boundaries and put your life in their hands. I'm pretty sure you've been given advice on this already.

• pometerre21
    pometerre21

I got my non-JW relative who knows about my situation to be my health care proxy. He did agree and even asked for something in writing from me about what I really wanted in an emergency. So I gave a copy of my card to the elders, and they didn't ask about who my primary health care agent was. Hopefully it won't come up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit