Blood Card Issue

by pometerre21 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• pometerre21
    pometerre21

Hello all,

I posted this on r/exjw, but I thought I might post it here as well.

So the elders in our KH are moving to get us to sign new simplified blood cards and keep them on file. I really need to not rock the boat in my current PIMO status because of circumstances.

My cousin knows I have doubts about the blood thing, but I can’t show her that my doubts are getting to me. It’s a weird set of circumstances I have.

If I were to go through with signing a blood card, would putting my blood type on my license be enough to invalidate that? (In addition to not carrying the card on me).

In an emergency, if the blood card isn’t found on the person, will a hospital give you blood to save your life? Or would they have to contact someone first?

Is it mandatory that these cards be kept on file at the KH? Do I have the right to refuse this? I'm trying to think of a way to respectfully decline to have my card on file with them that doesn't raise any red flags. Any advice for this?

• Giordano
    Giordano

They have no legal right to request this under the Hippa rules in the US:

The HIPAA Privacy Rule establishes national standards to protect individuals’ medical records and other personal health information
    The Rule requires appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy of personal health information, and sets limits and conditions on the uses and disclosures that may be made of such information without patient authorization.
    The Rule also gives patients rights over their health information, including rights to examine and obtain a copy of their health records, and to request corrections.

The Society recommends that you walk around with a suicide note in your pocket....the blood card. And oh yes one for your mate and one each for the children. It's Jonestown every year for the JW's.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Please tell us what State or country in which you live.

I believe the policy of keeping a card on file at the KHall is an effort to "sniff out" those who disagree with their "No Blood" policy. Personally, I would try just stalling on giving them a copy. If you feel you must oblige them and allow them to file a copy, it would be overridden by a card in your wallet (with a later date) that states you have changed your opinion on the refusal of blood in a medical emergency.

Medical personnel and the Courts need to know that this intimidation in going on by WTS and thus it would most likely void any copy in the Cong file.

• pometerre21
    pometerre21

Please tell us what State or country in which you live.

I live in the United States. I don't want to get too specfic because of WT spies or anything. The elder actually wanted to be the one to witness me signing these new cards and whatnot. I'll try to stall...I really don't want this on file at the KH. I would want a postdated card to be perfectly legal in an emergency. Would I have to get someone to witness me signing such a document stating that I would take a blood transfusion?

If I don't carry a blood card but I have my ID and I do get into a medical emergency, can they give me blood if they don't find that DPA on me? Say I was brought to the ER and needed blood, do they really need to call anyone before they administer blood?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

so what are the elders likely to do if you decline their offer ?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Why rock the boat unnecessarily. Hide the new blood card and make an "I accept blood card" for your wallet with blood type, recent date and signature.Image result for I accept blood card

Image result for I accept blood card Image result for I accept blood card

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I too am PIMO and I just updated my card to accept ALL blood fractions as well as all procedures involving my own blood. If figure that's pretty close to no restrictions.

• pometerre21
    pometerre21

so what are the elders likely to do if you decline their offer ?

I'm not actually sure what will happen.

Why rock the boat unnecessarily. Hide the new blood card and make an "I accept blood card" for your wallet with blood type etc. and signature.

I'm just worried that in an emergency they will have this on file and will come to speak for me and deny me blood. Would an "I accept blood" card be legally binding over the PoA? I was thinking of making a post-dated document that stated the following:

"I, Pometerre21, being of sound mind and judgment on this day March 3, 2018, do hereby declare any previous medical Power of Attorney documents to be null and void. In the event that I require a life-saving medical treatment involving the use of whole blood or its parts, I will accept. Please disregard any documents of power of attorney before this date."

And then keeping something of the above in my wallet in lieu of my death warrant blood card. Would I have to get someone to witness me signing the above?

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Delay, say you need to do research on acceptable "fractions" if pressed. Or keep "forgetting". They will likely move on to the next thing soon enough. The WTS keeps those elders so busy that in my experience, follow-up isn't that good.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I had 3 elders harass me about this a year and a half ago. I sent an email to two of them with a link to UK law that states that no one should be pressurised or coerced into signing a medical directive.

That shut them up. Never heard a word from them since

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit