Blood Card Issue

by pometerre21 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

pommeterre--you mention power of attorney

i'm in the UK--and i needed power of attorney on behalf of my father---with his full agreement, understanding and consent. it involved a solicitor visiting my dad in his care home---and getting a court order. it cost a lot of money.

so--is it something you have already entered into with your elders ?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Is your life worth playing legal games over? I don't know the technicalities, but I do know that in the event of an emergency they will bring that copy to the hospital and lock you down. Who is then going to show up with some other documents rescinding the no blood mandate? Will they stand a chance when Witness after Witness to your JW affiliation says that they saw you sign the card, saw you at the meetings, etc? What if you need blood now and it's delayed for a legal fight?

Don't sign the card or give them copies. That would be my stance if I had to stay in. Your life isn't worth any of those people.

• Lett The Shunning Begin
    Lett The Shunning Begin

dubstepped is right. There is definitely a trade-off happening here. In your attempt to remain a PIMO (which I totally understand, for fear of losing your family I assume), you don't want to be "sniffed out".

However, in a medical emergency, you will either be exposed then or possibly die as a result of having an updated Blood Card on file at the KH.

Best advice is to shine the elders on until they get distracted by other things as some commenters have already said.....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Delay, say you need to do research on acceptable "fractions" if pressed. ~ Doubting Bro

I like this delay tactic. Most eldubs will eventually tire of pursuing it or simply forget about it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its a shame you have to be intimidated and coerced into doing something you dont wholly believe in.

The JWS is a piece of shit religious cult no question and its no blood doctrines has killed thousands over the years, my mother being just one.

To paint a theoretical situation if your pressed to sign a no blood card you could do so now and when and if there comes a time you could accept one in a medical emergency, health officials at hospitals will act accordingly to your wishes, not what some outside religion presses to enforce.

You could also just say your not ready to make that commitment, of course this is all dependent upon if your baptized or not, if not then they will leave you alone but if you are they may take other discretionary actions ???

Being ostracized for a little while by some cranked up elders is better than being dead and needlessly dying over some foul devised doctrine by someone who wasn't even a true bible theologian, as is the case with most if not all leaders of the Watchtower Corporation.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

Remember that your last will and testament is simply the most recent one available. I would not put ANY thing in writing in the hope that a later one will be available. In a crisis, they aren't going to do a thorough investigation to find your latest blood card. This is only likely to be an issue in a critical medical situation when you can't speak for yourself. Don't leave anything on file that you don't agree with.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Look... the card is irrelevant unless your unconscious and the card is in your wallet. If you want to play the game just sign the card and then dont keep it in your wallet. Unless some elder is right next to you and you cannot speak for yourself its pointless. Your stated wishes (yes i will take blood) will always supplant the card. Sign it and keep moving. If you dont want to be bullied then be strait about it and say “im not signing, i will make my wishes known when and if its necessary”.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Are you crazy? Of course they have no powers over you legal or otherwise it's your life!

Just don't do it and don't tell if they scare you so much, it's nobody else's damn business.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

The elders never even read my blood card anyway when i was pimi they just signed it. They never asked me for a copy either apart from when I was pregnant. You could fill a couple of parts in and then after they sign it just add on the document that you accept all blood components. Just keep forgetting to give them a copy if they ask.

Or just keep shrugging them off with excuses til they give up asking and don't fill anything in.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Any advice for this?

As unbelievable as it may sound, I signed my card with the name of a local drag queen. They never looked, never verified. Or they never told me, or they just didn't care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit