147th Gilead prt. 3 - this could stumble people

by neat blue dog 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

During Gerrit Loesch's talk just released, he goes on a long list of the false end times predictions throughout the millennia. I didn't expect it, but then he goes into the precursors to the Bible Students who, when their dates failed, changed Christ's presence to have happened 'invisibly'.

Then it goes right into the JWs, and he reads the quote from Millions Now Living Will Never Die about how we can 'confidently expect' the resurrection in 1925, and then the Life Everlasting book that predicted 1975. Of course, he doesn't say how it's still going on, namely with the overlapping generation and its' accompanying convoluted chart, but still, this is more than they've ever said on the subject, especially recently.

It almost sounds like a forced statement, to address any backlash from people reading 'apostate lies' online, because he also says how the GB 'humbly' admitted mistakes, referencing the non-apology after 1975 that disturbed Raymond Franz. Still, having all this stuff brought up will surely get some to thinking, as they may have never even heard of 1925 and 1975 before.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Sounds like damage control to me. I have been trying to free my friends and they are aware of the failed stuff and are questioning the validity of the faithful slave claim.

This will drive it home to a degree. It's not apostate, it's truth that needs to be 'Heralded',,,, to coin an old phrase

jtg

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

It doesn't surprise me because when I left a couple of elders came by my door to double-check and asked me why. I knew that I had to keep it brief because they wouldn't listen if it were very long. The one thing I brought up was the scripture in Deuteronomy about false prophets and 1975. I know that I was not the only one who brought this up to them. But when it comes to the majority of the rank and file, the GB knows that that won't phase them any, it didn't with my mother, who became a JW because of that lie.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The gb members gotta be saying to each other,

"WTF jehober. It's 2020 where the hell is Armageddon? You're 45 years late and the natives are getting restless!"

just saying!

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

I think the way any of us would take it is completely different than how an average IN JW will take it.

Remember back when we were in?

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Well. I've just watched it. It is serious damage control and admission that they are in fact full of excrement.

Loesch is reading word for word off what I would call a legal document as directed.

I was there in 1968 and the end was round the corner...... I call bullshit on the whole corporation.

Have a great new year folks

jtg

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Just last year on the broadcast he said how we need to trust the slave and now he Admits all their failed prophecies? Very strange

• Listener
    Listener

Winston from the Youtube Channel Watchtower Examination is doing some reviews on it. There's so much nonsense and issues in his presentation.

Loesch is reading a script and it's still hard to make any sense of it in places. He can't even read his script properly.

• sir82
    sir82

Trying to get out in front of "apostate" info.

If a JW is confronted by "negative information" about the myriad prophetic failures of the WTS, all an "alert elder" has to do now is point the JW to this talk. "See? This is nothing shocking, even the GB talk openly about it!"

It doesn't have to make sense. There just has to be an extant explanation.

Same thing, essentially, with the goofy "generation" explanation. JWs don't have to understand it, and the organization doesn't care if they understand it. It is sufficient for JWs to know that "oh yeah, somewhere on JW Broadcasting, there is a talk from Splane with a chart that explains it. If I ever really need to understand it, I'll just look up that old video."

Of course, the video is all unadulterated bullcrap, and clarifies nothing. The important thing is that in the back of the typical JW mind, "it's all explained somwhere."

And now, for issues with date setting and false prophecy, "oh yeah, there's a talk by Losch somewhere on JW broadcasting that explains it all, so I don't have to think about it myself."

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

I just watched it and to me its not a backpedaling at all!!!

Its the same old same old - We told you not to expect anything - but you did, see you should have listened.

1975 was only a "possibility".

"It was regrettable that people mistook what we said."

"No reason to be shaken in the faith"

"the date is not important, being faithful is"

ABSOLUTELY not walking back anything!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit