147th Gilead prt. 3 - this could stumble people

by neat blue dog 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tiki
    tiki

Haha...they admit mistakes and simultaneously pat themselves on the back, prefacing it with "humbly"....

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The H8ful 8 in Warwick are indulging in damage limitation.

They know that their crack troops (graduate missionaries) are sooner or later going to be confronted by these failed & false predictions of "God's faithful slave" by non-JW's, so they educate such ones with the slave's explanation.

Listen, obey, & be oppressed!

• JayDubyaDotOrg
    JayDubyaDotOrg

Maybe Gerrit is PIMO and he's using his camera time wisely.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

The cracks are expanding. Remember, they are re-active, not pro-active. The internet has them scared shitless. There can be no doubt about it now. How happifying.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Perhaps there is a greater willingness to a knowedge 1975 now, as it becomes more remote in time. I think it displays confidence (correctly assessed or otherwise) rather than weakness for the GB to address these issues. I would imagine that Gerrit Lösch is a true believer, judging by his emotional retelling of his trip to visit and reunite alienated brothers in Eastern Europe following the collapse of communism.

There is a similar trend going on in Mormonism where the church is coming out and admitting controversial aspects of its history in official statements on its website. For example they now acknowledge publicly that Joseph Smith practiced plural marriage and that the so-called Book of Abraham was not translated from ancient Egyptian.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Damage control is right.

Now all those JWs who researched on the internet and discovered all this no longer need to feel worried and can talk about it openly.

"See! The GB are open about the "adjustments in understanding". One sure sign that we can trust them and that this must be the truth."

And so it goes on...

• Spiral
    Spiral

Haven't watched the video, but I'm guessing it is a weird attempt at damage control. Even my PIMI friends (what I have left, can count on one hand) get really uncomfortable when you talk about failed prophecy. It's painful for them to think about, but enough time has gone past that those of us who were born in (or almost) can see that all that stuff we studied and believed is nonsense.

This is when the bOrg will have to start converting into some sort of megachurch, versus being an "on the edge" group who has greater insight into upcoming events. (Which is what they thought they were, LAST century.)

It being so obvious that they have no greater insights at all, about anything.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

True Paley, but for PIMO's there is an opportunity to do what I did about a year before I left. This was over the membership of the Scarlet Coloured Wild beast or whatever they called the U.N.

I answered up and put it in such a way ( can't remember exactly what I said) that it appeared I was not accusing the G.B of telling Porkies, which they obviously were, but still highlighted the problem. I saw an expression of extreme doubt cross the Elder's mind as he evaluated my answer, and some in the audience looked uncomfortable, but he had to accept what I said. I hope I planted a seed or two !

PIMO's can do that, carefully phrased, with this stuff.

• sir82
    sir82

Saw this for myself.

Losch delivers the talk with all the warmth, feeling, and enthusiasm of a hostage reading his captor's statement at gunpoint.

Losch is old and has never been a vibrant speaker, but this was wretched even by his standards. He was so nervous he mispronounced words or stumbled in nearly every sentence. It was bad.

The only thing I can think of is what I wrote earlier - they WTS just wants to get [something] out there in their JW Broadcasting archives which addresses the "apostate claims" of false prophecy. Content, soundness of argument, reasonableness are of absolutely no importance - just plant the idea in the minds of JWs that "oh, that topic was covered in a broadcast" so they can ignore "apostate" info when confronted with it.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Humbly admitted their opinions were wrong. Must be opinions as the word of God in infallible. So opinions are like assholes; everyone's got one. It's just that most opinions don't destroy the lives of millions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit