Waking up to TTATT: Blessing or Curse?

by Jules Saturn 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Island Man
    Island Man

Having a firm grasp on reality is always better in the long run. Truth is always superior to ignorance and ignorance is always superior to error. The JW way is error-laden. When you live a life of error, you're trying to live a life that defies reality because error is that which is discordant with reality. Reality will not bend to suit your error. Rather, your error-laden life will bend or break in the face of indomitable reality.

It is better to know and learn to cope with unpleasant reality, than to hide from reality behind comforting delusions. When you acclimatize to unpleasant reality you're on a good foundation to achieving a resilient kind of happiness - one that is used to the adversities of the real world and endures in spite of them. But when you acclimatize to pleasant delusions your happiness comes crashing down in a very painful and traumatic way when you're eventually forced to confront unpleasant reality. Many don't survive that crash mentally or even physically. That's why it's so much better to never have been living in the delusion to begin with, and that's why waking up can be so painful.

So my conclusion is this: The red pill is obviously better. But ironically, taking the red pill brings the very pain that you're seeking to avoid. You just hope that it would be less painful taking now that if reality forces it on you in the future. It's better to take the red pill now, knowingly, of your own free will than to have reality unexpectedly shove it down your throat at some later date, choking you to death in the process. Better yet, don't try to swallow the damn pill in one go. Chop it up in little pieces and mix it in with your favorite ice cream or something.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

I'm 64 and recently awake. Would I have wanted to stay in my JW bubble because I'm older...no way. My nephew helped wake me up, he didn't think I'll leave her alone, she's getting on a bit! No, he didn't think I was too old to know.

For me, I still believe in God and I certainly don't want to worship him via a channel I now know to be lies. I want to do it with spirit and truth.

Please don't think older people don't need to be woken up.

As agonizingly painful as it is, the red pill every time. No one wants to be lied to.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear Phoebe,

I woke up (fully, long story) when I was 58.

It was only after waking up, clearing my mind, and taking full responsibility for my life,that I felt truly ME !

I was so happy to be a free-thinker, so happy to finally learn what Truth really is, and so happy to be free from that depressing JW religion.

My eternal thanks to all who helped me wake up, and to put all the bad behind me.

However, a Caveat, I do think that it would be wrong to awake certain people who would suffer terribly from losing the life they now have as a JW, or perhaps some other cult or religion. We always have to balance the possible good with the possible bad. But in making that judgement we need to spend time and effort on it, not just make a snap judgement.

People's lives are at stake.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    I'm 64 and recently awake. Would I have wanted to stay in my JW bubble because I'm older...no way. . . . . Please don't think older people don't need to be woken up.As agonizingly painful as it is, the red pill every time. No one wants to be lied to. ~ Phoebe

I used to think 64 was old. But not so much anymore. LOL

We were a bit younger, and wish we had woke up MUCH YOUNGER. Thankfully our children and grandchildren are ALL out of the Cult.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

The red pill is short term pain for long term gain. My life is so much better for being out and more importantly so are my children's lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit