Critique of Chemical Evolution

by Vidqun 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    The conscience is not designed for "advancement of the species" like some kind of sexual competition for passing on genes the way evolutionary theorists purport.

I have no idea what you mean. What do we 'purport' exactly?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt
    "What do we 'purport' exactly?"

If you don't know, then you need to go reread your evolution books and then come back.

😁

• cofty
    cofty

EP - I thought you might want to have an intelligent conversation about the evidence. Do you or are you only interested in silly point-scoring?

I will ask you the same question I have asked literally dozens of creationists on this forum - without one honest reply!

What books that present the scientific case for biological evolution have you read?

I predict you will either not reply or obfuscate or lie. So far I have never been wrong about this.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt
    "Do you or are you only interested in silly point-scoring?"

(I don't know what you are talking about with silly point scoring, but I will take the opportunity to say that I am not the person who puts all the down votes on things that are posted before or after what I post. I don't generally like it when people put down votes. I think the only down votes I have ever put on something was when a person posted an extremely debased photo, or when I saw someone picking on a different person here, or that time when somebody said that Randy should go to meetings if he was lonely. I notice that sometimes when I post, someone else will come and put a down vote on the person who posted prior to me, but that is not me doing it.)

"What books that present the scientific case for biological evolution have you read?"

There are no books that present a scientific case for biological evolution. It's not possible to read one, because they don't exist.

• cofty
    cofty
    There are no books that present a scientific case for biological evolution

I just typed 'biological evolution evidence' into Google Scholar and got 3.73 million results.

Why should anybody take you seriously when you have not read a single word of the evidence that you arrogantly dismiss?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Biological evolution = myth

Why would I read a book of myths to find out anything scientific?

"Why should anybody take you seriously when you have not read a single word of the evidence that you arrogantly dismiss?"

Why should anybody take you seriously when you don't even know what an anthropologist studies? (You can google it if you don't know.)

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

"not read a single word"

I've read some words, Cofty. Lots and lots of empty words.

🙂🫶

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

My point was that there were logical fallacies thrown around from the start.

The speakers in the first post's video are strawmanning. Their versions of abiogenesis and evolution stated at the beginning are an unreasonable caricatures.

I tried to illustrate this with a logical contradiction : a married bachelor. Demanding God perform a miracle that pretty much every theist belives is not possible, even for God, is raising the bar too high. It's disingenuous.

Of course, EasyPrompt, feeling clever, switched to a different context of "bachelor" and declared victory. The irony was very heavy at this point because this disingenuous redefining is precisely what caused the strawmanning at the start.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

MeanMrMustard, I will not declare a victory until your heart wakes up.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I care less than molecules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit