Critique of Chemical Evolution

by Vidqun 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Yeah, that's a good example of what I mean. I sounded like that, too, when I was a JW. I didn't realize just how little I knew or understood, I just assumed that I knew as much as the global community of people who had been discovering and researching and experimenting for more than a century. It was easy to poke holes in ideas that I had a vanishingly small understanding of. Today, I am at least somewhat aware of how little I know.

As a result, I don't blindly accept ideas that I can't understand or make sense of. I can recognize that concepts that millions of humans have spent decades unwrapping are more reliable than ideas that billions of people cannot reach a consensus on after thousands of years. So I've taken a small step forward. It's never fun to realize that there is so much we do not know. But once that door has been opened, it's impossible to close again.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The more you get to know, the more you realise that you know very little, I have found ! But now my mind is open to all ideas, I find learning a real pleasure !

My mind is not so open that my brain fell out, so I Fact Check, check the sources and Authorities of Scholars who are referenced, even if I am studying a seemingly good Paper or Book, that is presented as Academics do, I found a Paper a while ago, it looked very learned and seemed to make some sense, but the "Authorities" appealed to all turned out to be of the same "school" of thought, suspicious that ! Academic Books do that too.

So be careful, use Critical Thinking skills, and the above checks, and a wealth of knowledge that is trustworthy is out there !

• cofty
    cofty

EP - You might want to try decaff.

• cofty
    cofty

Index of Evolution Threads...

Take your pick and let's stick to evidence.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt
    "EP - You might want to try decaff."

🙂👍

• cofty
    cofty

EP - How on earth did you fall for creationism as an adult?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

I fell in love with truth.😍

• cofty
    cofty

Truth is decided by cold hard evidence not feelings.

Evolution is one such cold hard fact.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

If truth doesn't involve feelings, then why do you get angry about discussing it? (I'm not saying it's wrong to be passionate - I am just making the observation.)

Evolution doesn't explain the heart. The "evidence" doesn't fit.

The conscience is not designed for "advancement of the species" like some kind of sexual competition for passing on genes the way evolutionary theorists purport.

• cofty
    cofty

I am never angry when discussing evolution. Why would I be? I have ALL the evidence on my side.

Debating with creationists is mostly fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit