Critique of Chemical Evolution

by Vidqun 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Trolls and fairies. Sigh. The make-believe goes deeper than I thought. No wonder the logic doesn't sink in. Maybe someday when you stop believing in fairy stories you'll understand.

Good night, sleep tight, hope your bedtime Nick Lane fairy tale stories make you laugh at least. (That's all they're good for.😆)

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Such a devastating meme. We are all devastated now.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

😆 Yeah, I'm so devastating. Such a horrid troll...😁😘🥰

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Hey, @MeanMrMustard, nice to hear that you're a believer in the Lord, lol...

"Pfft. Lol. And I'll believe when God creates a married bachelor."

I'm a married bachelor.

Haha!😆

(A lot of my coursework included studying evolutionary theory.)

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

This thread is called: "Critique of Chemical Evolution".

Chemical evolution is make believe. The guys that write the books on it are just like the guys who make up the stuff for WTBT$. They take some truths and mix them with falsehoods.

Proverbs 3:11-19

"My son, do not reject the discipline of Jehovah,

And do not loathe his reproof,

For those whom Jehovah loves he reproves,

Just as a father does a son in whom he delights.

Happy is the man who finds wisdom

And the man who acquires discernment;

To gain it is better than gaining silver,

And having it as profit is better than having gold.

It is more precious than corals;

Nothing you desire can compare to it.

...Jehovah founded the earth in wisdom."

• cofty
    cofty

The descent of all living things from a common ancestor by means of unguided evolution over millions of years is a fact. It is as certain as the fact that the earth is not flat.

Trying to reason with flat earthers is as difficult as talking to a creationist. Both are convinced of their position in spite of all the evidence.

The vast majority of Christians accept the fact of evolution and find a way to reconcile it with their beliefs. Only JWs, fundies, an Muslims have a problem with it.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

This conversation has deteriorated quite rapidly. I had hoped we can discuss some of the specifics, go down to molecular level. Isn't that what the video was all about. Debate, two different poles of opinion, each stating their case and allowing the neutral observer to pick a side, like the BBC does now and then. So much for that pipe dream. Nevertheless, it will remain to be a fascinating subject, a paradox, for some to joke about, and for others to strengthen their face.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

@Cofty, I wasn't a JW until later in life. I was an evolution praising atheist before I started college. The things I learned while studying evolution for my degree in anthropolgy/archaeology is what shot holes in that belief. The evolution theory is so full of holes, no two theorists agree on it. Their "evidence" is presented in the same way Splane presents his overlapping generations.

You parrot ideas you've heard others parrot and you believe in it because it's the way the wind is blowing right now, but Jehovah will clear the air in time, and you'll see all that evolution garbage is a bunch of chaff.

People who believe evolution are suckers. They are duped, just like the JWs who believe the 1914 teaching or the FD$ teaching. I am telling you the truth.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Vidqun: I had hoped we can discuss some of the specifics, go down to molecular level.

You're talking about some fairly involved scientific knowledge and high-level areas of research. The idea that non-experts can weigh in with more than basic levels of understanding isn't realistic. It's why I pointed out how people like Tour and Meyer are treated within the circles of science that specifically deal with the things they want to discuss and critique (areas outside of their own expertise).

They're not taken seriously by the experts in life sciences and evolutionary biology. I cannot speak to the stuff that Tour or Meyer bring up; I don't know anywhere near enough about them. But the people who DO know these things don't even find them worth listening to. Is this because of some vast scientific conspiracy? Or are they pushing ideas that can't be taken seriously by the people who actually know what they are talking about?

Same with evolution. If the actual experts and researchers into the field all come to the same conclusion, I am comfortable to accept that they have it right. Or at least, that they're on to something. What can the non-expert tell me about things that neither of us know much about? And why would I depend on them or myself for understanding about a topic that has been researched (and continues to be researched) as thoroughly as evolution has, for well over a century now?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Did you know that you can become an expert in Klingon?

Yup.

Somebody invented a language for an imaginary race. You can become a member of the Klingon Language Institute. Membership only costs $10 a year!

If you want to become an expert in evolutionary theory and get some special letters after your name, it costs more. But you learn the vocabulary and you can speak with other "experts" in that language. When people hear you talking, they recognize the language. They can quote it and share it with others too.

You can research Klingon for years if you want to. Klingons first appeared on Star Trek in 1967. People have talked about them for decades. At the end of the day, it doesn't change the fact that there isn't a Klingon race.

It's the same with evolutionary theory. You can make up different names for some bones that you find tiny pieces of. You can name them after yourself or the place you dug them up or some Latin word. You can write books weaving together fiction and fact and fancy words. But it doesn't change the fact that evolution never happened. It's make believe.

https://www.kli.org/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit