Bible QUIZ! DoubleDogDare U!

by Ravyn 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I did not intend for it to offend anyone

Gee Ravyn, sorry people found it so offensive, was just another persons veiw!

Brummie

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

[30] And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD, and said, "If thou wilt give the Ammonites into my hand,
    [31] then whoever comes forth from the doors of my house to meet me, when I return victorious from the Ammonites, shall be the LORD's, and I will offer him up for a burnt offering."

and then:

[39] And at the end of two months, she returned to her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had made. She had never known a man. And it became a custom in Israel
    [40] that the daughters of Israel went year by year to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in the year.

I think when it says : 'She had never known a man.' it is pretty certain that she had been killed.

It shocked me the first time I realized that most of Christianity disagrees with the JW interp of that. I still after all these yrs occasionally run across a scripture that I had all wrong(as a JW) and have an 'AH-HA!' moment.

Ravyn

• Scully
    Scully

42 out of 50

Love, Scully

• onacruse
    onacruse

Ravyn:

well I had 4 emails and it seemed that the general consensus was that it was an offensive quiz becoz it came from a website that is designed to humiliate Bible believers.

The Bible says what it says, there for all of us to see. The society it portrays and the actions it condones are frequently offensive, and sometimes downright disgusting. The only humiliation is in not having the courage to face that fact and admit either 1) The God of the Bible is offensive, and sometimes downright disgusting, or 2) The "Bible" is nothing more than a human collection of writings that, only here and there, have a glimmer of spiritual value.

There was nothing offensive about the quiz. Thought-provoking, yes...but not offensive.

Craig

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

It's ok Ravyn I find the Bible and Christianity to be more offensive than most anything on this planet. Funny that people bag on the site but make no comment of the sillyness of their book.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Well I guessed an awful lot and got lucky. 40! Reminds me of when I got a perfect score on the 20 t&f questions one night at ministry school. Everyone thought I was the cong child prodigy, when in fact I was lucky!

caveman

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

OK I guess at some of these but I STILL have some problems with "HOW" the questions were presented. It was confusing trying to answer the question OR answer the question.........if you get my meaning.

I was not offended at all but I do think there was a bit more twisting then nessessary. The scriptures have been twisted enough they don't need anymore help.

I highlighted in Yellow my objections. Hear ye! hear ye!

Answers To:

"What Do You ReallyKnow About The Bible?"

Thank you for taking the quiz.

See below to get a free copy of Freethought Today.

Congratulations! You scored 44 correct out of 50!

I think the quiz is incorrect! I was marked wrong for the 10 commandment Q about incest and I know! There is a commandment that says thou shalt not lay down with thy mothers brothers sisters daughters son or fathers mothers daughter and so onI might not be one of the first ten but its in there! What a jip! lol!

40 - 50: Wow! You know more than a minister, priest, or rabbi!

30 - 39: Congratulations! Better informed than most Americans

20 - 29: Passing Grade

10 - 19: Did you get your bible knowledge from Sunday School?

0 - 9: Don't feel bad. You may be better off not knowing much about the bible.

Average score: 15

The letter for the correct answers appears after each question, and the correct answers are shown in boldface blue type. Your wrong answers are shown in red type followed by "<--Wrong answer." Unanswered questions were counted wrong but not indicated.

All biblical quotations are from the King James Version (KJV), unless indicated.

Edited by - plmkrzy on 15 February 2003 5:5:27

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

48. Do the Ten Commandments prohibit incest or rape?
    Answer: No

Yes. <--Wrong answer.

No. --The "ten commandments" (see Question 1) do not condemn any sexual acts. The only sexual practice prohibited by the list in Exodus 20 is adultery, which, although a valid marital concern, is a legal act between consenting adults. The violent and degrading crimes of rape and incest surely should have rated a "top ten" list, but they do not appear. Adultery in the Old Testament was considered a crime that could only be committed by a wife. Harper's Bible Dictionary explains: "The law was probably intended to ensure that any child born to the wife was really the husband's child, since it was considered crucial for the husband to have offspring, so that the family name could be perpetuated." Adultery had bearing on the patriarchy, while more violent crimes did not.

I PROTEST!

LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit