Bible QUIZ! DoubleDogDare U!

by Ravyn 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Brummie
    Brummie

Geesh I only got 23

but it was a black and white thinking quiz, a lot of the correct answers were not there to tick.

Thanks for posting it.

Brummie

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

actually Gopher the scriptures DO say that she was offered up as a holocaust and that the daughters of Israel would leave home every year for four days TO LAMENT THE DAUGHTER OF JEPTHAH not to visit with her. Look it up in a Bible translation other than the NWT. Judges 11:34-40. This is yet another thing the JWs twist to fit their own needs( did it never occur to anyone that if Jepthah's daughter was merely given to the Temple that there would be no reason to lament?) I know when I was a JW it was used as an example of staying single for the Kingdom and becoming a pioneer or missionary or Bethelite--but again, why lament about that?

Ravyn

• seedy3
    seedy3

I scored a 35 out of 50, not too bad for not studying the bible for about 20 years or more

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

But Ravyn they were there to lament her virginity!!!!!

ohh man talk about messed up eh!!!

Ven

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

Hey Ven---when I left JWs...one of the first things I did was take a class on OT from a historical viewpoint---talk about an eye opener! JWs don't have a CLUE what the OT really says or who YHWH really was. It proved beyond a doubt to me that the Bible is an odd conglomeration of 74 books that were written to stand alone, by different men-for different reasons, over a time period of 600 yrs or so.

And Brummie! Hi! I think the test was so black and white because that is how the OT is. In the NT Paul is pretty black and white too, but the gospels and the writings of 'John' are pretty gray...

Ravyn

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

well I meant the link to this for entertainment purposes only---I have already gotten some private email---I did not intend for it to offend anyone('cept maybe the WTBS....)

Ravyn

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Rayvn...why are people offended??

Cripes...I guess all I can say is I am glad they took it private in e-mail instead of you getting flamed here, but would one of your accusers please step forward to tell me what was so offensive?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Congratulations! You scored 31 correct out of 50!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Judges chapter 11

http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Jdg/Jdg011.html#top

And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she [was his] only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter.

And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the LORD, and I cannot go back.

And she said unto him, My father, [if] thou hast opened thy mouth unto the LORD, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the LORD hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, [even] of the children of Ammon.

And she said unto her father, Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows.

And he said, Go. And he sent her away [for] two months: and she went with her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains.

And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her [according] to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it was a custom in Israel,

[That] the daughters of Israel went yearly to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in a year.

Gophers comment: In view of verse 40, I still believe Jephthahs daughter stayed alive in spite of her fathers oath. Let the reader use discernment, I guess.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

well I had 4 emails and it seemed that the general consensus was that it was an offensive quiz becoz it came from a website that is designed to humiliate Bible believers.

Ravyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit