The most romantic act ever done for you?

by zenpunk 33 Replies latest jw friends

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Ouch - there's lots of sarcasm out there today!

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

MOST romantic??? I don't think I can narrow it down!

There was the time Sweet Vampyre wrote me a lovely poem about my "sapphire eyes and goddess skin..." There was the time he cleaned the whole house and made a candle lit dinner, rented a romantic movie, got me flowers etc to remind me that I was a woman as well as a mother.... There was the time he proposed to me on bended knee and everything during my birthday party with all our family and friends attending. Not to be forgotten of course was our recent wedding where he declared me "his" in front of god and everyone, ....

I'm sorry folks, I get cards, flowers and chocolates, sweet words whispered and sweet deeds done for me on a regular basis... It's hard to pick one time from the bunch!

Should I be feeling spoiled rotten?

~Witch (of the maybe it's because I celebrate steak & B.J. day so much? Class)

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I wish this had been done for me, but to me this is the most romantic thing ever done:

Taj Mahal India - Free Virtual Tour supported by donations - Special International Traffic

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Romance is overrated......*sigh*......but sure would love some! 
    ~Witch (of the maybe it's because I celebrate steak & B.J. day so much? Class)
    So, Witch......just curious about celebrating "B.J. day".......I must have missed that holiday! LOL.....

~Christy of the "mind in the gutter" class
  • Introspection
    Introspection

Well, in general I'd be curious to know just how many such acts were done for guys by women. My guess is relatively few due to the whole gender role business which I don't buy into.

Once when I sent roses to someone, the response I got was: "Why did you send me flowers?"

• Celtic
    Celtic

Last summer, sleeping with a lady upon the banks of the usual river I have gone on about in so many times past. Red wine galore, spliffage, food, moonlight, mattresses, blankets, candles, stars shining through the trees above, the quiet lap of beautiful waters below, bloomin excellent, cheers to the daughter of the former secratary of state for Brazil, twas just about one of the best nights ever wrapped up in each others arms.

Probaly get some great fat chick this year, knowing my luck!!

Mark - Cornwall UK

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Probaly get some great fat chick this year, knowing my luck!!

Well..........as long as she's great. Fat chicks give good love.

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

Scootergirl,

steak & B.J. (yup, it IS what you think) Was proposed as a "valentine's day for men" by someone on this forum. We all agreed that it was a great idea and it was quickly ratified. So, March 20th get ready for the most self-explanatory holiday of all! I celebrate as often as me and Vampyre get the chance.(we have 3 kids)

Introspection, I like to buy lovey-dovey cards for my sweet vampyre on a regular basis. I have bought him flowers, candy etc. I've written numerous poems for him and silly stuff along those lines. I usually try to do things that HE would appreciate more, like buy him gaming books, dice, miniatures, video games etc.

~Witch

• caligirl
    caligirl

That would have to be the night that my husband proposed to me. Closely followed by all the other romantic gestures he does on a daily basis - like actually being willing to do dishes, laundry etc. On the night that he proposed, he told me that he would be honored if I would be his wife, but I have to say that I feel that I am the one that has been blessed by having such a wonderful husband.

Edited by - caligirl on 10 February 2003 17:45:30

• Introspection
    Introspection

Witch, I am glad to hear that. I don't really think it matters so much what the form or the act is, like some of you said it could be washing the dishes. It could be anything right, yet at the same time it could be nothing. So far, for me no act has come close to certain occasions of eye contact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit