The most romantic act ever done for you?

by zenpunk 33 Replies latest jw friends

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Well Valentine's day is almost here...but the most romantic thing my husband ever did for me came a few days earlier - on my birthday.

This is the very first birthday I am openly celebrating since leaving so he took me to my favorite restaurant Sat. night. As we were walking in, I said, "someday I would love a big birthday party with all my family" (sans JW parents of course). We walked in and - lo and behold - my wish was already granted! There they all were! He called them all and told them the situation. There was a big cake and everything. He said he couldn't figure out what to give me for the first birthday I was celebrating since the age of 8, so he thought this would make me happier than any material gift. He was so right! What a fantastic, romantic gesture!

So everyone - what was the most romantic act ever done for you?

• D8TA
    D8TA

Let's see there was that time when I got a msg on yahoo, or msn....or was it back in my AOL days.

Oh, then there was the time when somebody said, "Hi" to me on the street.

Then there was that time, when I think she smiled at me...at least I think she did....she even blushed! I won't forget that afternoon, because when I got home I found that my fly had been unzipped the entire day.

I did give one girl a rose, and I got a lovely letter in return;

"Dear Creep,

If I ever see your mug again, I'll rake your body across razor blades! I swear to god almighty, you come near me again, I'll beat your head silly!

Hatefully yours,

XXXXXX Smith"

It was magic. Pure magic.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Its a small thing..but I will always remember it...I was working for a really bad company, and hated my job, and the guys who ran the place were nasty....and my then fiance, now husband, came all the way from where he was, about 25 miles, to put a single red rose at the bottom of the stairwell where he knew I would come down and see it on the way home. Just a little tag on it with my name, and I love you. He was no where around either. Just left it. But it lifted my spirits so much, right when I needed it.

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Romance? What's that??

• D8TA
    D8TA
    Romance? What's that??

It's the carefully planned warfare between two individuals, employing special tactics in giving; flowers, candy, small notes, and a candle light dinner. There is a constant exchanges of smiles and passionate eye contact, in which the ultimate goal is to woo each other to the ultimate victory: Putting somebody's "hoo hoo" in to somebody's "chi chi" so that the human race can thrive thru procreation.

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Oh yeah, thanks. I remember something about that in a far off universe. One time I had a cat rub up against my leg. Does that count?

Sorry about abusing this thread. I just woke up and will probably regret it later.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Man, I really had to stretch my memory on this one. For some reason, I seem to hook up with very practical men, which is interesting as I'm not a very practical type myself (that whole opposites attract thing??) so I can't think of very many REALLY romantic things I've experienced.

Anyway, years ago (no, I'm NOT saying how many!) over the period of about 2 or 3 months, I received a dozen long stemmed red roses at work on about 4 or 5 occasions. They arrived with quite romantic (secret admirer type ) but unsigned notes and to this day I have no idea who sent them! The men I knew at the time completely denied responsibility and so I was left to fantasize about who my admirer could possibly be . In my mind, of course, he was a gorgeous hunk with long dark hair and stubble...it may be a good thing I never actually found out who it was as reality so often disappoints.

Dana

• D8TA
    D8TA
    One time I had a cat rub up against my leg. Does that count?

Works for me!

• shera
    shera

romance..whats that...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Cuddling and smooching in front of a fireplace...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit