Do you ever think about returning to Jehovah

by ikhandi 37 Replies latest jw friends

• archangel01
    archangel01

God(Jehovah,Yahweh) is alway with me.I don't need man for that.The WTS is false and the people are a false love.They changed the greek scriptures around to fit there rules etc.You can't do that!!!!!!!The plain untouched standard Bible is the real truth.ALL religions are false and God is going to get rid of them because they are not healthly and miss translate his holy words.Read the book "crisis of conscience" and "in search of christian freedom" by raymond franz.The books will show you that God is not with them and they are false.Don't fall in the darkness pull yourself together and do your research pray for holy spirit to understand the bible and the deep things of God. Act 17:11 do your research or elses you'll be sorry. I hope this helps take care

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

hello and welcome to the board

I have not left God but an organization claiming to be a representative of.

they have massed their sins clear up to heaven so the scripture " Get Out of Her My People" rang loud and clear and we did.

• Brummie
    Brummie

When the flea awoke and found himself inside the bull, he was enraged, as you can imagine. And he vowed revenge. "But first," he told himself, "I must rest up again if I am to take on a beast the size of a bull."

So saying, the flea took another nap, and when he awoke, the bull was gone.

francois

Roflmao! bwahaha

Brummie

• lulu
    lulu

If your conscience tells you that it is alright to associate with people who put in writing that it is alright to lie to the police, judges, etc and to keep on lying. Be part of an organization that covers up paedophilia and then punishes the victim. Owners of weapon making factories and one of the wealthiest company in the world, then go your hardest. Why not be like the Beoreans and search and investigate. By being any part of these things do you realise that you would be grieving the Holy Spirit and therefore would never be forgiven by Jehovah?Be very careful!! Surely you don't want to go again to the beggarly things of the world and be under fear and suppression again!!.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I know exactly how you feel. I was away from my meetings for a few years, then started back.... it felt good to be with people who enjoyed the scriptures as much as me and to feel the good fellowship. The only difference is, I have never been a Jehovah's Witness. I just found a scripturally based Church that had a good group of people that showed love and respect for everyone.

Additionally, no one group has a sole claim on God, as He truly isn't far from any of us. As the scripture says He is no respecter of one person over another... so as far as returning to Him, it's a matter of us tuning in to what He is continually sending to us.

Edited by - Double Edge on 9 February 2003 23:0:42

• yumbby
    yumbby

Maybe you should search yourself for what you really miss...

* Perhaps a group of people with a like cause

* A feeling of belonging

* Some sort of organized religion..

make sure you can't get that feeling from somewhere else before you automatically try to find it again in the borg

• Buster
    Buster

I have a suggestion for any that are second-guessing themselves and their departure from the org. But first I want to chime in with one that asked 'why equate returning to the WTS as returning to God?' And I want to agree with another that suggested some study in logic.

For those that have been out long enough to have read some other literature and been exposed to other, freer modes of thought, Try this:

I think we all have certain WTS publications that we remember contained the 'proof' that the Society held the truth. For me it was the amazingly scholarly work, the Babylon book. For others it may have been the truth book, or "God's Kingdom of 1000 years Has Approached." For those more recent, it may have been the Revelation book or the Knowledge book.

• Get a copy of THAT book.
    • Get a pen.
    • Get a bible, any bible.
    • Sit down and read that book with the mindset that they must prove everything they say/claim, or cross it out.

You will be astounded. Sure there will be lots of passages that you didn't cross out - because they said nothing interesting and said nothing that promotes the JW slant on things. But you will mark that book up somethin' silly. When you get to the end you will be left with a shell of a work that you once considered a cornerstone of your belief.

I've done this. Its a very rewarding experience. Anyone else ever done it? Results? opinions?

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

I hadn't done my A B C "s since I left the 1st grade... and when I was asked to say them again at 45 I remembered them!!!!!!!!!

There is a god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• D8TA
    D8TA
    There is a god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody call me?

Edited by - D8TA on 10 February 2003 0:6:11

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

There seems to be a syndrome that accompanys leaving. The further away you get the better the congregations look. It has to do with abdicating responsibility. Its a relief to follow someone else . It may take going back and leaving two or three times before you realize that they are cultivating dependency and eroding your power to dissent. If you express agreement and serve, you will be fine. But, that is not spirituality. If you disagree and persist in being honest they will reject you. Then what? Where will you go? Who or what will you become dependent on again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit