If Time were running in reverse would we know it?

by D wiltshire 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

This post is disgusting! Has this whiltshire fellow no shame! Having sex backwards .. . fair enough .. i can handle that .. but reverse birthing? I don't think so!

uncle going forwards (i think)

ps: see Red Dwarf - The Apocolypse

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I don't know if you all heard about this but a couple of years ago they finally broke the speed of light barrier. They accelerated a photon through a chamber filled with Cesium gas 380 times faster than light. They said this created a paradox in which they observed the photon to be leaving the chamber before it even finished entering the chamber. This proved the theory that if you were to travel faster tahn light you would travel backwards in time.

They said that this could be used for comunications and computing but would have no practicle applications for human travel. But if used for communication the resulting paradox would be that you would recieve a call before the other person finished dialing your number or even picked up the phone. Curious indeed.

• D wiltshire
  • drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    ... time is just an abstract idea assigned to the passage of events, nothing more.

I have never seen this thread before it was resurrected, but I agree with Elsewhere's comment above.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Drw,

Elsewhere has no idea what time is. His dogmatic comment should tell you that.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

By the way, the cesium-gas-faster-than-light-speed thing is an illusion. Check out this site:

http://www.netspace.net.au/~gregegan/APPLETS/20/20.html

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Ok, well, if time were running in reverse would we not see effect before cause? Obviously we do not see cause and effect in that order so time must be flowing "forward."

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Elsewhere has no idea what time is. His dogmatic comment should tell you that.

You're right... I don't know what I was thinking. Like you said earlier in this thread, Einstein's SR theory shows without a doubt that time is not completely abstract. How did I forget that?

Doh!

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Much ado about nothing. If I see the hands on my clocks going "counter clockwise" then I'll know time is running in reverse. Simple explanation is always the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit