If Time were running in reverse would we know it?

by D wiltshire 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

What constitutes discovery? An explanation for the exponential repulsion obseved but not predicted by the previous models requires a new ingredient. To be sure antigravity is simply a word having been coined for its explanitory power. I have read only a few articles in the past 3 years but these have suggested it's wide acceptance much like it's equally mysterious brother dark matter. The point remains that the idea of a recoalecing universe has been largely abandoned.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Pete,

What constitutes discovery? An explanation for the exponential repulsion obseved but not predicted by the previous models requires a new ingredient. To be sure antigravity is simply a word having been coined for its explanitory power. I have read only a few articles in the past 3 years but these have suggested it's wide acceptance much like it's equally mysterious brother dark matter. The point remains that the idea of a recoalecing universe has been largely abandoned.

I guess in order for it to be a discovery more facts would be needed, it is still in the speculation stage, as is Dark matter. Perhaps a Theorist can come up with a theory that can be proven by experiment like Relativity and Quantum theory are proven and then it could be called a discovery.

I know many are feeling the Big crunch senerio is not the way things will end, but it this view is far from the acceptance as say the Big bang is. I think it is kind of like the Big bang and the Steady state theory in the 50's and 60's. More evidence is needed to choose one or the other.

I personally feel the Universe is not permanent, and will vanish some day. Just as Time has had its begining, it will have its end also. Basically it seems (to me) that the universe is made out of nothing and just a quantum fluxuation.

• AlanF
    AlanF

?ti wonk ew dlouw esrever ni gninnur erew emiT fI :

.ton ylbaborP

FnalA

• Simon
    Simon

I know one thing ... it would make visiting the bathroom an very unpleasant experience !

(I always equate things with toilet humour)

• Satanus
    Satanus

I personally feel the Universe is not permanent, and will vanish some day.

If the universe keeps on expanding indefinitely, then that could be the logical result. In it's expansion, it could become gradually more tenuous, loosing even more of it's substance. The spaces between orbiting electrons and nuclei could increase. Maybe space and the matter in it is expanding to fill something that is even more void than space. Although, some say the universe is rushing toward a 'great attractor'. That could just be a copout theory.

SS

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Maybe that is what the WTBTS is hoping for.

Give them another shot at 1975, 1935, 1925, 1919, 1914 etc.and anything else previous and in between.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Simon,

I know one thing ... it would make visiting the bathroom an very unpleasant experience

I suppose if time were running backwards in that case you really would be "taking" a shit.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Good one, Dave!

AlanF

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Alan,

Glad you liked it, I hope Simon did too?

I also have a bathroom humor. Or maybe used to before the Borg. and it surfaces every now and then.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The findings released today from the W-map satellite survey have confirmed "incontrovertibly" the existance of dark matter and energy (anti-gravity)and the fate of the universe to be expansion without crunch. It is no longer in question. What timing, just when I needed proof I got it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit