About Popularity

by Farkel 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

Excellent Farkel.

I have always found that when I share things about myself, the person I am talking to, will generally do the same. If they don't, it feels odd, and that person will not become a close friend.

For some reason, people tell me the damndest things about themselves..............I must have something they sense, that tells them to talk to me. I have always been a very open person, and don't hide things.................I think that is part of it. I know how to listen and commiserate. I think most women are that way, though.

An old cliche "to have friends, you have to be a friend". Very true.

• minimus
    minimus

Farkel, I think very few here do not like you and even fewer despise you. I LOVE you, man. Most of us here have a common denominator. We are either ex-Witnesses or disgruntled JW's. Some here are personal friends. We socially get together at times. Most of the posters here have expressed their feelings with one another. Some are superficial and some are deep. Some of us have made real connections with other board members. I can say that I feel a real kinship with many of you. Many here, I would like to know as "real friends". In this forum, at times it's difficult to REALLY know how someone feels and g hurts. You, my FRIEND, are a complex person. Sometimes, your true humanity shines through. When you are there for people, as so many have attested to, you have given encouragement and help. So....I think you're pretty popular, here. I think you probably have more friends than you know. I'm sure you can have even more real friendships if you give people the benefit of the doubt and treat them with dignity and humanity. This I believe in real life, is the real Farkel.

• Beans
    Beans

Excellent Thread Fark! Your words are very true.

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• animal
    animal

Since I learned to not care what others think or feel, it makes me free to speak as I wish. I dont try to piss people off (usually), I just know that I dont have the power to control others emotions, only they do. That said, I can speak without fear.

I like farkel, I think he acts the same way.

Animal

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    Since I learned to not care what others think or feel, it makes me free to speak as I wish. I dont try to piss people off (usually), I just know that I dont have the power to control others emotions, only they do. That said, I can speak without fear.

You speak my language.

ash

• animal
    animal

Thanks... it is nice not having to worry about others feelings now. Much less stress.

Animal

• onacruse
    onacruse

animal, you piss me off!

LOL

The "not worrying what other people think" is the exact opposite of how we were trained to behave as JWs, eh? Oh, sure, not to worry what "worldly" people thought of us was expected, but the converse, worrying what the "brotherhood" thought of us, was even more important than worrying what God thought of us. "But if you are in good standing in the congregation, that shows that God approves of you too." Except for those few rotten apples that scammed us; but they got outted and everything was ok again.

The organization is just as much a popularity contest as any other religion, business, neighborhood, clique, or social group. You can be a total jerk, but if you're part of the "good old boys," you'll be an elder for life. You can be totally genuine, but if not in the "club," you're out on your ass.

Craig

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I prefer people who speak their mind..I don`t like people who would rather you didn`t,so they can keep shoveling their bullshit...OUTLAW

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am an open book. I tell everyone my past sins & present- I figure the One I care about GOD saw me do all that I have done -so what does it matter what you or anyone else thinks about me .Of course many whom I have "confessed " to bring it up at a later date. But many of the group tell me about their personal things. And I think they feel safe with me- Cos I cant remember anything from one minit to another- I think they have all caught on to that.....As I told you all I have "Sometimers decease,Not Alzheimer ....YET!!! But I think I am heading in that direction No kidding!!!.

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* mouthy...I can't remember stuff I did five minutes ago either..*LOL*

Perhaps we would all be more popular if everyone looked like this...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit