They're coming to get me! =)

by Mrs. Eden 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mrs. Eden
    Mrs. Eden

Hello friends.

My fleshy sister is seriously getting to my nerves. She's my only (and younger) sister, and as you know, is married to an uber-Circuit Overseer.

Since I went back in, she developed the annoying habit of, every time she phones me, asking: "Have you been to the mid-week meeting? Have you been to the weekend meeting? Have you been out in the field service? Have you seen this month's broadcasting? Have you seen my email with the photos...? Aren't they wonderful? Doesn't it look like we're already in paradise? blah blah blah...." It's nauseating and I'm going slightly mad with it.

A few days ago, I freaked out.

To her great surprise, I chastised her on the phone, said I wouldn't tolerate anymore that sort of questioning, that attempt to control my life, and that she had no business in prying into my life. She got silent, and I knew she was perplexed. She was babbling ... "What is this now?". Was this enough for her to stop her inquiries? Yes, but....

She didn't waste any time taking advantage of her position and influence, and I'm positive that she went around my back calling Bethel, and spoke with the sister that gave me the 'recovery study', that happens to be the wife of our COBE and a member of the branch committee. As a result, now I have a group of zealous sisters from the congregation suddenly all over me, like a swarm of bees, pressuring to make arrangements to go out with me in the field service, even calling me on the phone past 10 pm! I imagine that my dear fleshy sister might have told the Bethel sister something along these lines : "She's just spent two weeks vacation with her "big bad wolf" apostate husband [EdenOne] and her inactive son! Two weeks without meetings and preaching! What bad influences she must have been exposed to! We MUST help her NOW!"

Help!!!!! Get me out of this cheap B movie.

I've decided that next time I attend meetings, I'll arrive late and leave early from the KH, so to avoid most of these unwanted contacts. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Mrs. Eden

• Divergent
    Divergent

I think I'm missing something...

Why did you have to go back in the first place?

• Mrs. Eden
    Mrs. Eden

JK If you read my post "Hello World" and EdenOne's post "Setback", you'll know the story of why and how I was sucked back in.

Mrs. Eden

• Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam

They will be on you until you die, if you don't leave. Just fade and keep yourself neutral. We moved congregations out of the circuit and faded, It's turned out great for my wife and me.

If you want the suffering and pressure to continue, then stay. Watch out for your health and take care of your immediate family.

Thank you for your story

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

now I have a group of zealous sisters from the congregation suddenly all over me, like a swarm of bees, pressuring to make arrangements to go out with me in the field service, even calling me on the phone past 10 pm!

Image result for bees and honey pic

Smoke them! Disconnect the phone after a certain time or get caller ID and don't answer. Don't tell your sister anything of what's going on in your life. Make arrangement for service and cancel. They will tire out sooner or later.

Image result for smoking swarm of bees pic

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I commisurate with your feelings mrs eden. The problem is:for most jws, your sister included, they just dont know how to talk about normal things.Their sphere of knowledge/interests is just soooo limited.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Mrs. Eden I haven't missed a meeting in 48 year years! LOL

It turns out from what I have been reading on this site that the JW's have become the religious equivalent of the Amway door to door marketing company. With it's sales quotas, return visits, conventions, need for status and group boasting sessions. Perhaps it was always that way and I just didn't notice.

What is really annoying is thinking that if you just wanted to show up from time to time to say hello and take in a meeting you must be at Satan's gate.

There's this group think at work right now. Your being subjected to a tornado of bullshit and your just going to have to wait it out until it spins away.

The only thing I can recommend is to say "thank you for your concern.....have a nice day." That and stop answering your phone when they call............ or opening the door.

If you feel you have to say something mention the pedophile problem. In the context that it has stumbled you and you are not comfortable supporting the meetings or going out in FS until that situation is corrected.

Stay on message......... repeat as needed....... give them nothing more and it will blow away.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hi Mrs. Eden; arriving late and leaving promptly, helps a bit.

You can run, but you can't hide, so you'll have to deal with them effectively if you want them off your back.

You have a P.M.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Maybe it's time to consider what you feel about these people. Will you miss any of them if they weren't in your life? If the answer is 'not much' consider DAing. They will leave you alone for sure. If your parents are still alive and you don't want to hurt them (as mine are), consider a move.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I second exactly what Faye suggests.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit