They're coming to get me! =)

by Mrs. Eden 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dissonant15
    Dissonant15
    I am sorry to hear this. And I thought I was getting harassed. That would give me an anxiety attack. Really I blocked some phone numbers. You have the right to ignore them. You owe nobody an explanation for your actions. I like telling people you've got too much going on and leave it at that. No time for them.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Maintain your dignity and composure.

Take the "offensive" when contacted. Yes, rather than being on the "defensive" and feeling like you need to answer their questions or justify your decisions.

When they ask things like "where were you, or we missed you at the meetings...", simply reply in a positive and happy tone:

"Oh thankyou ___, that's sweet. We are well thanks. Anyway, How are YOU keeping? How's the family.... "

By doing this, you divert the topic while not being rude....

• Mrs. Eden
    Mrs. Eden

Hello again.

It was great to read your replies, thank you! Your experiences have been eye-openers to me. Perhaps fading for too long and too gently ends up being counter-productive, because that way I'll never get rid of them. So I'll be getting more straightforward soon.

After all, wasn't it Jesus who said: "What you are about to do, do it quickly" ? - John 13:27

Mrs. Eden

• chicken little
    chicken little

I found to start with that the more you mention depression, Jehovah understands and my spiritual relationship is between me and Jehovah and nobody else, people back off. Tell them if you need help you know where to go, for the time they should just leave you alone as the stress of dealing with people and calls is giving you a set health wise and that is not what you want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit