Is the term "sheep" offensive to you?

by pr_capone 25 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I was thinking about this the other day. The society likes to call all those who follow their teachings "sheep" or "sheep like ones". How offensive is that?!?! Sheep follow without a second thought. To them, their sheppard is their whole world and will blindly follow him no matter where he goes or what he does. If he makes changes, no matter how drastic, they dont care and will continue to follow. Sheep are expected to follow no matter what.

Apparently this is what the WTBTS thinks of its members. Sheep who will do as they say, regardless of whether it is best for them or not. They can change anything that they want and will expect their members to just go along with it and not question a thing.

How insulting!!!

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

baaaa! baaaa! What about a black sheep?

Guest 77

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

AND THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE WTBS....ANYBODY CARE TO JOIN IN?

TROT

• seedy3
    seedy3

When I think of sheep I get all tingly and warm fuzzy feelings inside, but I live pretty close to NZ so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Seedy

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

LOL@seedy!

It does carry some rather negative conotations...but you need to remember that the alternative is to be a goat, which historically carries worse ones.

I myself, prefer to think of my self as an automonous human with the ability to reason for myself and take responsibility for my actions ;) baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa humbug

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Not if it's in a term of "Lamb Chops". Medium Well, please.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

NO to me offensive terms Governing Body, Faithful and discreet slave, Elder now those are horrible

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The term "sheep" isn`t nearly as offensive as the phrase"boinking sheep"..LOL!...OUTLAW

• larc
    larc

When I was a JW, I thought it was a wonderful term. Now, I find it to be very distasteful. I used to think being a goat was bad. Now, I think it is good. Goats have an independent spirit and that is a good thing.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

outside of the JW context, being called a sheep is an insult in most other contexts. I did not know this until I got out from the JW script.

Ravyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit