Dissing the JWs....

by ScoobySnax 62 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    so long as you tow the anti line

nobody is telling you what you have to think. But I just don't understand why you are so up in arms over my taking you to task over your off-hand and vague defenses of JWism.

I am leaving this thread alone now, I will not be checking it any more. If you ever decide that you want to get into a more meaty discussion of the JW cult, please start a new thread, "Hey Dantheman" or something.

• LACEY
    LACEY

i understand scooby's comments. I actually am a still active witness and will continue to be because I have so many friends and relatives I do not want to leave. My husband has turned me on to this sight and I have been enlightened in many ways. But I do not have the hate and contempt many have because I have not experienced what many have. i have been raised not to feel the guilt . i was always taught the blood of Christ covers our sins, elders are not policemen in our lives , and we do the best we can, and to NEVER be judgemental. Maybe I'm a rare jw but I don't let others control my life. I enjoy having religion in my life and haven't found another that interests me as the JW's do. I do feel for the hardships many have had and believe they did go through these things. I wish I could have been around to show them love. My love goes out to you. I sincerely mean this. Even though there may be some who will jump on me. that's OK =^..^=

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Ikhandi and Lacey......Thanks for your thoughtful replies. Ikhandi, I'm with you all the way, it takes a really brave person to write what you have, Like I said, I too have good memories of being a witness and serving Jehovah, and I wish you the best from my heart. I know you'll find the right way, its evident in you. Lacey, I feel (and think!!) the same too, I hope I can show love to those who are genuine and are hurting here, my love goes out to them too. People may jump on you here (from personal experience) but keep your thoughts and feelings, they are a credit to you.

Danthe Man and SixofNine, you are right, this post has become tiresome, back and forth, getting nowhere between us. I don't understand you both, and you don't understand me. Maybe sometimes its good to disagree.... You seem to always want to debate the "issues" of this forum, but miss the basics of "why" in the first place. But enough. Thanks for a run.... its been, sort of, erm....fun. Look forward to next time!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit