Dissing the JWs....

by ScoobySnax 62 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Many people who I have never met at all, I consider to be my friends. You Scooby appear to say that there's nothing wrong (jw doctrines) with people going to their homes, telling fearful and whacko lies about how things are so bad, and the world is going to end, and how only jws have the truth, and they are the real christians, blah blah blah.

Well, I think it's quite wrong.

paduan

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Scooby, I am with you on this one. I too remember much that was good about being a dub. It doesn't mean I still want to be one, or that I can overlook all the negative aspects of the religion. What some people here seem to overlook is that the problems within the JW religion are not unique. Other religions can be just as cold, arrogant, judgemental etc. The reason I think some of these people are so bitter is that it was their religion, and they thought it was different or better than other churches.

There is nothing unique about Jehovah's Witnesses.

• TR
    TR

Dogbreath,

Why are you no longer a 'hovah?

TR

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

SPAZ, it was a euphamism, silly.

A Paduan, ditto.

No Apologies,

Other religions can be just as cold, arrogant, judgemental etc. The reason I think some of these people are so bitter is that it was their religion, and they thought it was different or better than other churches.

Not that I am bitter in the least, lol, but I was always well aware that other churches and beliefs were corrupt and misled. Finding out that my own religion was as bad or in most many cases worse has much more personal passion for me. That's likely why I spend my time on a board devoted to JW issues.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Scoob,

I hate a great time in the JWs: lots of friends, believed I was in the one true church, had a goal in life, was married to a great gal, loved my in-laws and loved the Bible. It was extremely difficult for me to walk away from all that, illusion or not, because I had such strong positive associations to it. I left over the blood issue mainly, but I didn't want to be forced to lie and cover for the Governing Body about various doctrines even they know aren't true.

One thing I learned about people who read all the "apostate" books and knew the truth of the Watchtower and stayed JWs anyway; they have personal motives for doing so that have absolutely nothing to do with God or Jesus, love of their fellow man.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Other religions can be just as cold, arrogant, judgemental etc. The reason I think some of these people are so bitter is that it was their religion, and they thought it was different or better than other churches.

That is why I said I cannot belong to a religion or any group that says, "I will only love you if you do what I say". This is not the type of unconditional love Jesus practiced and preached about. I would agree with you that not all my youth was bad and yes I had some good memories to. I just now see it from an adult point of view. I can see how they put on a false front when I talk to them. I am treated differently because I don't go along with all their BS. So they can shove their religion as far as I am concerned.

Will

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Am I missing something?

Unloving practices such as shunning, blood transfusion prohibition, knowingly false prophesies, concealment of pedofilia from police, isolating members from an otherwise normal chilhood and social interactions, implantation of phobias, discouraging independent thinking...to name a few.

But hey, you droped out... you know!

• Valis
    Valis

Many come here and ask why we don't slam other religions like we do the JWs...or why we don't do more in regards say the Catholic pedo scandal...well there are people doing that..many former and current catholics...they know their religion best , how to change it, and so do we in regards the WTBTS...(NOT THAT JWLAND IS MY RELIGION)..*LOL* had to make that loud and clear..perhaps a better way of saying it my be that old idea from The Art of War...about keeping your enemy close to you? I could go look it up, but I'm being lazy today. Anyway...we do what we can and that includes being here and saying the things we do.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Six,

Not that I am bitter in the least, lol, but I was always well aware that other churches and beliefs were corrupt and misled. Finding out that my own religion was as bad or in most many cases worse has much more personal passion for me. That's likely why I spend my time on a board devoted to JW issues.

That was exactly the point I was trying to make. Its different when it's your church. I am not defending the Borg, but I think realizing that they are just another goofy religion might help you get over the bitterness.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey ScooobySnax,you say you`ve been inactive for a few years.Exactly how many years would that be?...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit