Elder Rumor How Widesprd: IraqWar=WWIII=Armageddon

by romansfourteen1to6 40 Replies latest jw friends

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Ah yes, the never ending ups and downs of 'hope' within the JWs. Every major news event forshadowed the big A. I recall the many 'discussions' w/ my mother leading up to Desert Storm, her telling me that they would bring back the draft, I would be in prison (cause I would refuse the draft right?), the war would ignite WWIII and the big A would come. Yep, isn't that exactly how it went down?

I also recall how 'big' it was in 1986 when the UN declared it the year of peace and security. Big Whup.

No difference here. Even IF, and this is a big if, this war were 'worse' for the US than the last one, it has nothing to do with the big A or god or anything. It is simply one more of human's many wars that have occured. Even in a worst case WWIII type deal, it's still a human endevour. If we nuke ourselves off this planet it's our ownv damn fault.

• archangel01
    archangel01

Even if it does, God is going to be kicking some Mgt. Dub ass for messing up peoples lives big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by - archangel01 on 4 February 2003 9:21:14

• Erich
    Erich

Hallo all:

I think you altogether cannot image the danger of the present world-situation.

This has nothing to do whether the WTC has told a non-fulfilled prophesy in the past or not.

Its simply a fact NOBODY can deny. And if he does, he is a fool.

Don`t forget: There are other people who are NO JW`s believing in the same bible and the same prophesies e.g. in the book revalation. They, in same way, are looking anxiously out to the process of increasing violence, threatening ABC-war, suicide-attacs and so on. And they know that such a world situation NEVER had parallelity in the past. NEVER !! Do you think all these people are dumb?

Erich

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I thought it's coming when they are saying "Peace and Security?"

*****Rub a Dub

• Erich
    Erich

RubaDub I thought it's coming when they are saying "Peace and Security?"

They say it years by years. But think nobody hears it. Neither JW`s nor Non-JW`s. Very sorry.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Hmmmm. So taking a look at a world atlas, Which country is King of the North, and The King of the South....This time !

Do we arrive at that conclusion by comparing the latitudes of the Captials cities ? Washington vs Bagdad.

They're probably writing that one up in Brooklyn as we speak.

GIVE ME A BREAK !

" Millions Now Living Will Never Know "

• Realist
    Realist

erich,

increasing violence, threatening ABC-war, suicide-attacs and so on. And they know that such a world situation NEVER had parallelity in the past. NEVER !!

baloney. people always killed and will always kill each other with whatever is handy. same old same old.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

SixofNine

How did you figure out the nancee park thing so quickly ? I'm impressed ! Was it the server address thing ( cause you're right ) or are you just psychic ?

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

how many time can they get away with 'crying wolf'?

how many more people are gonna be disappointed by nothing happening again?

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I thought it's coming when they are saying "Peace and Security?"

That's only when the Watchtower has to counteract optimism and progress.

Remember the EZ Guide to The Last Days:

Good things happening = Armageddon must be close.

Bad things happening = Armageddon must be close.

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit