Elder Rumor How Widesprd: IraqWar=WWIII=Armageddon

by romansfourteen1to6 40 Replies latest jw friends

• romansfourteen1to6
    romansfourteen1to6

An inactive friend just spoke to some elders who, not from the platform but one-on-one, said they believe the coming war with Iraq will cause World War III and Armageddon. Has anyone else heard this? It may be that some are using this as a tactic to scare inactives back into the Watchtower Society along with their needed donations, especially since the pedophile and WTS-U.N. scandals.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

They're insane.

>>IF<< it was Armageddon, what are donations supposed to be for?

Buy band-aids?

Damned money-grubbing morons!

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 3 February 2003 18:18:50

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It would be illogical to think that anyone involved in the jwism mindset may not also be considering such to be true.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Hasn't that been said every time we've had a war?

Mike.

• romansfourteen1to6
    romansfourteen1to6

The question is, is this rumor being spred only by those particular elders or is it more wide-spred? Maybe promoted by District Overseers and those over them? If posters from various areas or nations say they've heard it then we will know.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

ok so why would a JW think a worldly religious/political war would have anything to do with Jehovah's war against world rulers? or is this some new light I have missed in the last 6 yrs?

Ravyn

• ISP
    ISP

Well the war will be over quickly. Saddams weapons......which he doesn't have lots of (ask weapons inspectors) will be taken out.

I see Iraq being taken out pretty quick.

I don't see too many folks arguing about it.

ISP

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Good one, Nat

Guest 77

• Francois
    Francois

Can you say "Wishful Thinking Run Amuck" ????

francois

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I remember being a kid, and people talking in hushed tones about Desert Storm. Nothing happened then.

Sure, then they whip out the thief in the night parable (the JWs thief in the night must be a paraplegic)

Nothings going to happen just because some rumor mongering Elder's wives are prophesying over their morning coffee to their fat, unmarried, pioneer daughters. (Eternal Virgins)

The sun will rise and fall, and with a little luck, we will all see old age. Hopefully, we will see a longer and healthier old age than any of our anscestors, and that will be because of men working hard to fix our messed up bodies, not because of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit