Stress of Going to a Summer Convention

by LostintheFog1999 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• a watcher
    a watcher

I stopped going to Assemblies and Conventions. Way too stressful.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

A$$emblies and Convention$ are cash cows. I understand the Borg has deals with local Hotels and Motels so the Borg has some loot for the taking,,,,if I'm not mistaken. Plus the interac and debit machines strewn throughout the concourses conveniently located near the washrooms so you have to walk by them. Quietly begging in a quiet way.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Oh, yeah how could I forget,,,,I should add just governing body praise as usual too.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I could be wrong, but I think the only deal the Borg has with Hotels is a free room for every so many bookings they get from people asking for the Watchtower rate. And the rate is rarely the best one offered by the hotel, but the sheeple are supposed to ask for the Watchtower rate to help out Watchtower. I went outta town on a vacation for one convention and booked the hotel across the street. They were out of the Watchtower rate rooms, so I booked a room with some other discount that was better than the Watchtower rate at the same hotel. I just was smart enough not to mention that to anyone.

But otherwise, yes- Conventions are a cash cow. They gotta have them. COVID really put a hurting on them filling their coffers. Don't forget to donate (a set amount by Watchtower) for a parking pass unless you are at an assembly hall parking lot where even JW's could figure out that you are fleecing the flock to charge extra for parking.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

When I would go to a Con-venting I too would stay at a motel that was not on their list. Usually ggot a better rate. What they wanted you to wear your badges in public even after the convention for the day was over. Talking about looking like a big Dork. I'll wear their badge for their conventions to get in. But not when after hours.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

If you would stay at a room not on the WT convention list,,,it would just amaze me how if you mentioned one of the Hotel establishments NOT on the Borg's list,,,,one of the sheeple would jump up and say ''that's not on the hotel list'' without even looking at the list.

It's like they new the list like the back of their hand.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    What they wanted you to wear your badges in public even after the convention for the day was over.

do they still have assembly badges ? What an opportunity--PIMO's could accidentally put their badges on upside down.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes. They still have these 'badges'.

And the Borg vehemently advises attendees to wear them to and fro the convention site, while eating, at the gas station. The only exception to wearing these 'badges' is going to bed at night or taking a shower or bath.

• New day
    New day

Where I live we always got a better deal by ignoring the places that the bros had done a deal with. Some thought this was disloyal to the “arrangement”, but shouldn’t the rooming department have been getting us the best deal? Unless somebody was profiting from it.? Shock, horror! Surely not?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

wasn't I a goody two shoes. I trusted the suggestions thinking they had gotten the best prices for us. We always got "the Talk" about how it was to everyone's advantage to stick with the rooming arrangement-now I am thinking, "yeah, but to whose advantage"?.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit