WiFi problems? Want a faster network? Try Powerline Adapters!

by Simon 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    Does one device need to be hardwired to the modem/router via Ethernet cable? Is the second device located anywhere, and will it transmit wirelessly to boost signal or must it be hardwired into the computer, tv, console, etc?

It's probably most common to connect one device to the router and then any other devices you add are just as if they were plugged directly into the router as well. You are connecting them up using Ethernet cables which is what networks used before WiFi (and before that, Coax). That's why they come in a pair - your first need two to form a bridge connection but after that you can add additional ones for other devices.

• jonza
    jonza
    I have a couple of these and can confirm they're really good!
  • mana11
    mana11
    What is the range from the house?
  • Simon
    Simon
    What is the range from the house?

It's not being broadcast wirelessly - it's where the wiring in your house goes.

Or do you mean to external buildings?

• mana11
    mana11

I see it now thanks, i wasn't able to see the site before, poor network here...

• Dagney
    Dagney

Ok. I think it's working. At least now there is a wired connection to the internet/blue ray player rather than a spotty wifi.

I bought http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PA4010KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00AWRUICG/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1445882215&sr=1-1&keywords=tp+link

I think I will buy a set for upstairs where my laptop and desktop reside. Thank you Simon for the suggestion.

• Simon
    Simon
    They look nice - a bit lower top-speed but very compact design.
  • Dagney
    Dagney
    My DSL is not that strong anyway. We don't have high speed cable yet where my townhomes are. I sort of went for it because the price was good and had decent reviews.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit