Why is the Bible wrong?

by StinkyPantz 108 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Guest 77
  • Guest 77
  • Guest 77
  • Guest 77
    Guest 77

Could someone explain to me the the construction of the pyramids, without conjecture please. This should be no problem since these structures are visable to us. I've been in the construction trade for forty years and I would like to have someone explain it to me. Apparently some of these blocks weighed 200 tons! Some pyramids reach the height of a forty story building and all this activity was done in the desert. The Egyptians are mentioned in the Bible, correct?

Guest 77

• hooberus
    hooberus
    Clement, c. 100 CE. Greek Old Testament used as scripture. Numerous allusions to gospels, Pauline epistles, Acts, Hebrews, but not quoted as scripture. Unknown 'scripture' quoted in 23.3-4 is probably a Jewish Apocalyptic work. Grant, Formation, p. 77f.
    Clement, c. 125 CE. Refers to a saying from a gospel as scripture. In 11.2, quotes same Apocalyptic work as does 1 Clement. Uses Gospel of Thomas; oral tradition. Grant, Formation, p. 83f.

Ignatius, c. 125 CE. Uses language and images of 1 Corinthians, Ephesians, Romans, Galatians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 (-2?) Thessalonians, and 1 Peter; perhaps Gospel of John; does not call them scripture. The only direct quotations are from Proverbs. Grant, Formation, p. 89f.

Seedy, even if they didn't point blank say that these were "scripture" the fact that they were quoted from, either in written (most likely) or oral form shows that these accounts were considered authentic in the first century.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Guest 77;

Could someone explain to me the the construction of the pyramids, without conjecture please. This should be no problem since these structures are visable to us. I've been in the construction trade for forty years and I would like to have someone explain it to me. Apparently some of these blocks weighed 200 tons! Some pyramids reach the height of a forty story building and all this activity was done in the desert. The Egyptians are mentioned in the Bible, correct?

Er, what? Please explain how the pyramids, if they are mentioned in the Bible (don't know, don't think so), has any relation to proving the Bible is 'right'.

It's like saying that because the Book of Mormon mentions the Israelites, then it's true.

Dubiousarse;

Answer my point re. the Bible contradicting our biological make-up. I know you can't. It won't stop me asking though.

This point over-rides and pre-empts any debate concerning historical acuracy or authorship. God if he authored in any way the Bible knows how we are made. If the Bible contains rules that contradict the way we are made, the Bible is not from God in any literal or reliable fashion, and is merely a work of literature.

All other debate is irrelevent until it is explained why the Bible asks us to behave unnaturaly.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

hooberus.......I was just thinking about Gal 1 when Paul boasts that he did not receive his gospel from any man but only by revelation, that he preached "his" gospel for 3 years before even making an attempt to contact the Christian Apostles in Jerusalem. Even in the washed version of this encounter between these 2 sects of Christianity in Acts we see serious doctrinal difference and hostility. The story suggests Paul's convincing the old fashioned Apostles and older men in Jerusalem minds after consulting the scriptures and hearing testimonials. Howevr the final resolution was that Paul preach to uncircumsized and they will preach to the circumsized! The final result was that neither changed their position. In fact, sometime later Paul says he chastized Peter for not abandoning the Mosaic Law. These passages reveal the true origin of Christianity as we now understand it. After 70 when the Jerusalem sect was dissolved Pauline Christianity took off unfettered by historical constaints. By the way the passage you site in 1 Cor 15:3-11 appears to contradict this statement in Gal 1 when he says he did receive this gospel through human assistance. It also is considered by some scholars as a later addition to the Pauline text. 1 Cor is regarded by textural scholars as a pieced together collection of writings attributed to Paul and addressed to Corinth for cataloging convenience. I can no longer respond to this site daily. My webtv does not work with the new program and can only access it at the library once in a while.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

A whole lot of man power and use of ramps sand and time went into the Pyramids. Recent discoveries of a well established workers community next to the Pyramids has unraveled much of the mystery. It can now be stated that the work was viewed as an honored national project using largely volunteer labor not slaves from all over Egypt. It was a lot like the Patterson building projects. Volunteers motivated by religious zeal lived and died cxreating this monument to their gods and leaders. The setting of the large vaulted stones was accomplished by ingenius use of sand to slowly lower pieces in place. As the sand poured out through holes in the chamber floors the massive stones were carefully eased into place. The outside blocks were moved with nothing more miraculous than rollers, water and ropes up a winding inclined ramp encircling the structure. No tractor beams required.

• hooberus
    hooberus

I plan on posting some final conclusions of mine regarding the material on the "pagan origins" site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit