Elders authority over non JW's?

by figureheaduk 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

peacefulpete

I've never read anything about the elders having authority over anything in this system of things other than the activities of the congregations.

It is my feeling that it was simply his opinion on the matter.

*****Rub a Dub

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here is one of my favorite scriptures on the subject, but the objects don't usually get the joke:

Matthew 11:16,17NIV

16 "To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:
    17 " 'We played the flute for you,
    and you did not dance;
    we sang a dirge
    and you did not mourn.'

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

I do believe that Elsewhere:

"Its all about control.

This is also why they make their members shun former members.

They know that these people have knowledge that can reveal how

crooked and evil the elders and GB are, but at the same time,

they know they cannot gag someone who is not a member... so

they use their control over the members to make them shun the person

they don't want to have a voice."

A truthful and quite concise way to explain how things are running

in the world of the mighty WTBS Inc. (Corporations).

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• Navigator
    Navigator

I butted heads with the elders on several occassions when I felt they were trying to usurp my position as head of my family. Things like telling my kids how long they could wear their hair, what movies they could see, etc. After I told them to butt out, I didn't have any more problems with them.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Elders often think that they're Princes right now, and they act that way. The Watchtower Society has not explicitly told them to think that they have authority over all humans on the planet, but the germs of that idea are clearly evident in WTS literature. Many times the Society has said that all nations on the earth should have submitted to Christ's representatives when he became enthroned as King in 1914. Who should they have submitted to but Christ's representatives on earth, the Princes who represent the Watchtower Society which represents Christ?

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit