In other words they DO have the authority to rule/govern
Yeah, right. As if I would willingly give my obediance to an organization that:
1) Has falsely predicted armageddon a number of times since the late 19th century, and then blamed their followers for reading into things the wrong way.
2) Forbids it's followers from joining the military, while coining it in from it's association with people like Rand Cam
3) Has switched back and forth it's doctrines (i.e. the blood issue, UN involvement etc) many times over the years
4) Forbids it's followers from having association with former members (including family members). How much heartbreak and misery has this caused over the years?
5) Often contradicts what science and history can otherwise prove true
5) Protects child molesters by using bible verses that basically say "it didn't happen if the bad guy doesn't confess, or if there aren't at least two witnesses" How many child molesters do you think will own up, and how many acts of child abuse do you think have at least two witnesses? And how many poor, innocent victims have been ostracized by their families and congregations due to this lunacy, while at the same time the violator is free to roam possibly targeting other youngsters?
The Watchtower makes me sick. How they can get away with it all is beyond me. Thankfully, i have never been a part of it, and luckily, never will be.
"Their tolerance of disrespect is in imitation of god and christ's "
Could you ever have respect for this kind of thing. I know i couldn't!