Do NOT PRAY for the Astronauts families!!!!!!!!!!

by JT 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Actually James,

Now that you mention it I don't recall a prayer at an assembly or meeting, that included some tragedy, unless it involved dubs directly.

I got into a discussion with my active jw bro abut this, and i told him all life has value. We were talking about how our uncle, stayed there so no one would give her a transfusion, and my bro said (actually he laughed) who cares, she's nothing, jehovah doesn't know she exits. How can anyone be so haughty?

I can't even begin to express how the above comment disgusts me on so many levels.

Now he presumes to read HIS God's Heart? Wow what an IMBECILE.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Welcome back JT!!!

• LDH
    LDH

((((((((((((Mr. / Mrs. JT)))))))))))))))))))

Have been busy lately James. Forgot to email you, I will do it this weekend with some further details.

Anyhow, click on the icon for the little sheet of paper next to my user name over here

<<<<<---------------------------------

and look for a thread I started with a story from the Fresno Bee two days ago--an elder was arrested for molestation. Note that some cracks have started to appear in the secrecy long held sacred by the WT.

Now about your thread, the WBTS teaches its adherents to lose all human feeling. A bizarre fulfillment of 2 Tim. 3:16 with a loss of natural affection. Once you learn to cut off feelings from non-JW it's only one step further to cut off your own family once they choose not the be JWs anymore.

A sad state of affairs.

How is school?

Lisa

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

My husband recalled when Challenger exploded and how shocked and grief stricken everyone was....I barely remember it. I watched today as they replayed the old footage to compare with the new disaster and I was struck with the grief I was not allowed to feel the first time. Osmeone on tv said it was one of those things you would always remember where you were when you heard....I was in Pioneer School and did not hear until the next day becoz I was too busy doing my 'homework' to turn on the tv that night--being the obedient, heartless, arrogant, loser that I was(they told us no tv during PSS)...

I was ashamed for not grieving back then. But I was also ashamed that I still fall into that trap of thinking of myself...it was not about me and my shame today...it was about some real heroes and role models and people who had a life to be proud of and a death in honor. And the ones they left behind.

Ravyn

• jimbob
    jimbob

Good to see you posting again JT. As always, you make very good points. And yes, sad to say, many JW will not have one ounce of fellow feeling for the astronauts and their families. They only feel it was doomed to happen to them because of mankinds "worldly pursuits".

I remember back on 9/11, both my wife and I were extremely saddened, like the rest of the nation, at the tremendous grief that thousands of families had to deal with. We were still in the org at the time. My wife cried for many days afterwards, but when she shared her feelings of sadness with family and others, they almost criticized her for feeling compassion because they were just "worldly" people and this type of stuff was to be expected in "the time of the end". This was just one of many factors that influenced our decision to leave. They will never have compassion or feeling for anyone unless they are JW, even though they say they do. Once again it shows the hypocrisy that is so rampant in the Society.

• jeffory
    jeffory

JT,

I remember it like yesterdai....I was at Bethel doing vol. const work and was seated at Abrahamson's table ,there was abosutelely nothing mentioned.

It's kinda funny that you posted this thread,my wife and I were having a similar conversation on how prayer was nearly always reserved for the Bro.'s or that the "others" would learn the truth.

jeffory

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Hell, my JW Inlaws were callous about those who died on Sept 11, "Eh, people die everyday". I was speechless, pretty much the same reaction today, a non-reaction.

• happy man
    happy man

JT.

This was ofcourse a bigg tragedy, and we ofcourse feel sorry fore ther freinds, but we have tragedi all over, here it was 7 persons, who now this was a risky thing, and they do it in free will, but why you never say anything about all children women and men who is killd in Irak when US is terror bombing on nights, i have never see anyone of yoyu here say one thing about this, isnt peopel life of same walue?

Or have you fall in the trapp of nationalism JT, i hope not, beacause i belive you are a nice person, only some thoughts in the morning,

take care HM

• Simon
    Simon

I remember saying something to my mother when some disaster was on TV - millions of people starving to death and she comes out with the "oh, I hop ethe brothers are OK"

The other people are really non-people that are going to be wiped out by their god anyway so why be concerned for them at all.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

JT; glad your back ,, and WOW this thread really summed up the wt ... there is nothing good about the wtbts.... you said it very directly and that is the truth... the wt is one of the most unloving groups in the world.....john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit