Not one single head was lost on the wife birthday!!!!

by James Mixon 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I had a long debate with a JW elder about cebrating bithdays and his retort was scripted of corse right out of the WT.

He stated that it says in the bible that true followers should admonished in participating in the traditions of men and since most birthday celebrations were conducted toward kings or gods that correlates to us today to not celebrate birthdays including Christmas. Birthdays and the celebration of, are in other words are associated with paganism.

My position was well people today are celebrating the birthday of not a god or king, they are celebrated toward people as a expression of love and respect to these ones, in spite that celebrating birthdays may have originated by other means and practice.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Wait one second here James... you mentioned a grill. Was meat involved? If so, then some creature most certainly lost its head. Nice try though. (*snicker*)

All kidding aside, sounds like it was an awesome party.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Did not Job celebrate his kids birthdays?

Bangalore

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Haha nice story. Thanks for sharing!
  • Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine

Sounds like a great party and I hope you and your family had a very happy day. Your wife must have felt so loved and appreciated! Happy Birthday to her!

• talesin
    talesin

How Wonderful! Happy Birthday, Mrs. Mixon!

Thank you for posting this James Mixon, it is so lovely to hear GOOD NEWS.

xoxo

tal

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Thanks folks. It was a fun time.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Not one single head was lost on the wife birthday!!!!

That`s because no one Publicly Complained about King Herod,Marrying his 1/2 Brothers Wife..

Usually everybody Publicly Complains about King Herod Marrying his 1/2 Brothers Wife,on Their Birthday..

................................................................................King Herods Wife..

......................................................................................IS A TRAMP!!..

Image result for Woman at her birthday party........Image result for Woman at her birthday party

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

James Mixon

Maybe no one lost a head but explain the outbreak of leprosy by several of those who attended.

Rub a Dub

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I celebrate family birthdays and family celebrates mine and my JW wife knows about it.

I have said that if anyone is killed in the celebrations, we will probably stop doing them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit