Not one single head was lost on the wife birthday!!!!

by James Mixon 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

A surprised birthday party for the wife yesterday. We had no idea about the planned party.

The kids (wife daughter and husband) really surprised the wife and I. Sunday morning a

truck pulled up and started unloading tents, tables and chairs. The son-in-law fired up the grill,

two young ladies busy setting up easels for artist's canvas, It was a paint party/birthday.

Each guest had their own canvas and instructions were given by the two young ladies, the painting

a cat. It was a amazing, the end results. My painting was abstract (that's what I was told ,LOL),

but most did well.

But I was sitting there thinking looking around at the guest, the grandkids and the joy on the wife face,

being a JW take all the fun out of life. And not one single head lost.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

What a lovely, joy-filled day! Belated Happy Birthday to the lovely wife.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Thanks cultDgone.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'm glad that you, your wife and your family enjoyed your wife's birthday, James.

Is it too late for me to wish your wife 'happy birthday'?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That sounds like a really fun party. Isn't it great to enjoy simple things like this? Think about how much energy and thought the JWs put into avoiding things like this, and with so little reason. They end up with a life that is all about NOT doing things.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Yeah, I've had and been to several parties since I quit believing all of that Bible nonsense. No one ever lost their head at any of them.

What a stupid interpretation of the Bible.

Rules, rules and more rules.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    I have to agree with you. We don't spend time to enjoy ourselves like you described. The idea of getting creative in art is an excellent one. I'm going to attempt that, and thanks for the idea.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Not only does a mass movement depict the present as mean and miserable - it deliberately makes it so................ It views ordinary enjoyment as trivial or even discreditable, and represents the pursuit of personal happiness as immoral.

Eric Hoffer from his book The True Believer

Happy Birthday Mrs Mixon!

• possum
    possum
    Painting, family, food, fun and friends what more could you want! Congratulations for living a real life without fear and happy birthday.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well done!

Life is there to be enjoyed!

so happy you guys were able to do so!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit