SPACE SHUTTLE COLUMBIA MISSING!

by D8TA 88 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Darn. I was so wishing this was a hoax. D8, do you know the names of the crew members?

• Jade
    Jade

OMG - we heard the explosion this morning and thought a bomb had gone off. We are in Ft Worth, TX. This is terrible

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

What a tragedy

• bigboi
    bigboi

Just when u think things on the national scene couldn't be any suckier!

Man this sooooo awful!

• D8TA
    D8TA

From Left to Right:

David Brown.

Rick D. Husband.

Laurel Clark.

Kalpana Chawla.

Michael P. Anderson.

William C. McCool.

Ilan Ramon.

• Valis
    Valis

Man! This sucks! It is good though that we have brave people willing to take that risk. Since people thought the world was flat we have had those willing to die to expand our version of the universe. One can only hope this won't set us back will not discourage young explorers from wanting to take the ride and engage in more important scientific endeavours,. I feel for the families and for NASA. There are so many dedicated people that work on sending the world's astronauts in space, it must be a devastating disappointment and setback for them as well. A couple thingsI don't like though have to do with CNN's coverage.

Even the mention of terrorism as a possible reason...just stupid.

Mentioning that the Israel has to endure another tragedy likening the shuttle disaster to their struggle though the Holocaust...an idiotic comparison indeed.

Have a good day everyone.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Here is info from NASA and the crew profiles are in there...

• shera
    shera

Horrible

• reporter
    reporter

Valis, good point, it is sickening how every piece of bad news is filtered through "terrorism". There is more to life than terrorism. For instance, perhaps those who really caused 9/11 being exposed? Time will tell.

If you are in this area, be careful. NASA advises not touching any debris, due to toxicity. The composition of materials sounds like a chemical soup.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

This is so incredibly sad. I can't believe this has happened. My sister had been watching this shuttle for a school project and is so sad that this happened. My sister was not born when the Challenger happened but I remember it vividly. I can't believe it has been 17 years. This is a sad day for all of those families and the World.

Edited by - Scarlet on 1 February 2003 11:38:25

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit