The French... Why do they hate us?

by email 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Celia
    Celia

The French do not hate Americans. But I wonder, reading all these posts lately, if the Americans do hate the French, and why ? The french government has different ideas about going to war in Iraq than the United States, or more correctly, Bush and his government. That doesn't make the 65 millions French men, women and children in France American haters....

• Celia
    Celia

Mac, are you implying that French people smell bad, or don't take showers or don't use deodorant, or what

• troucul
    troucul

JE vous aime, Celia

• Satanus
    Satanus

If the french over there are like they are here in quebec, then you have to talk nicey nicey to them. If you tell them they gotta do stuff, they can get real obstinate. I always thought the french and the british had an ongoing 'pokem in the ribs'. At least according to monty python.

SS

• Farkel
    Farkel

The French hate everything not French (Celia and possibly ten other French folks, (tops!) excepted). So, in fact, "Americans" happen to fit in the set called "Everything Not French."

Therefore, they are very even-handed and fair with what they despise.

I've been told that the French people in the Countryside parts of their Country are among the most generous and wonderful people in the world. I've also been told countless times that Parisians are generally the biggest assholes any American could confront in the civilized world. I do not consider Arab countries to be in the civilized world, but rather a part of the "Jurassic Park" world which mostly went extinct 300,000,000 years ago. Too bad those Arabs alive today didn't take note of that extinction fact and instead choose to live in their version of "civilization." The concept of trying to tie "Arabs" in the Middle East and elsewhere and "Civilization" together is a gigantic oxymoron.

By comparison, the French are princes and princesses. After all, as much as they hate everything not French, they helped us win our Revolution and they did NOT kill 2,800 of our innocent civilians on 9/11/2001. Nor have the French every had terrorist groups that threatened our very way of life. They are just jerks, but compared with the Arabs, jerks aren't so bad.

Farkel

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

email-

I didn't see the word hate in that article anywhere. Where do you get these feelings of resentment that you talk about?

Again, as GSX said, since when does everyone in the world have to agree with United States diplomacy?

Honestly there is too much fear in this world bred by the rhetoric of our own leaders. We have a "divine mandate" from God. The "axis of evil" are out to get us. Terrorists are "jealous" of our way of life in america, and the question "why do people hate us" keeps spinning from peoples lips. "Us" is a big word that blankets a lot of groups and people. So is the term "them". I don't know who the "us" is and I certainly don't know who the "they" are.

I am not meaning this to be an attack on you email, but merely think about the words you used in your post. My guess is most rational minded people realize that blanket stereotypes are more of a diservice than a truth barometer.

I refuse to believe FRANCE (an inanimate land mass) "hates us"-it's a big country, and lots of dirt and cement, I had no idea these things radiated hate, but then again I am not up on my new age philosophy.

Most people around the world are just frustrated with our government. Most people realize that we, the great democracy of the world have little say in the matters of our government. If you talk to french people, which I have...several in fact, they are pissed off at our government...which last time I checked no one on this forum was a member of congress. So again I just have to wonder who is this generalized "us" you are talking about.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Farkel-

That is possibly the most laughable pile of tripe I have ever read before in my life. Really funny stuff. Keep it coming...

• Farkel
    Farkel

joanna,

: That is possibly the most laughable pile of tripe I have ever read before in my life. Really funny stuff. Keep it coming...

Present your arguments, then. I presented mine, even though they were anecdotal, but then again, I said they were anecdotal.

So, "tripe" aside, where is your evidence to the contrary?

Farkel

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Terrorists are "jealous" of our way of life in america

I really don't think so

I would say the attitude is more like, "Go away - do we have to kill and terrorise you to make you go away, and still you won't, but rather say something like 'We're good and you're evil' ?? - just completely f@#* off already"

A look at attitudes toward jws paints the picture. Likewise, t he French thing is about culture - but they're more tolerant than the islamic fundies.

Asking "why?" is a demonstration of the very reason. The tolerance pulls up at jwism though.

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

They hate us because we understand the proper and regular use of soap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit