In 3 and one half-hours time..

by snugglebunny 21 Replies latest jw friends

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

God Bless America! F*ck the antiquated money-grubbing monarchy!!! - Don't hold back, WC, tell us what you really think

I only wish Scotland would have had the balls beneath it's Kilt to secede from the teet of the Monarchy forever - the Scots aren't silly enough to bite the hand that feeds them ...

Like you, I'm glad British car firm have been taken over (especially by German firms).

I must say, looking at pictures of Queen Elizabeth when she was younger, she was very attractive - nothing wrong with Prince Philip's taste!

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

It appears that around 70% of Brits are in favour of retaining the monarchy.

http://www.ibtimes.com.au/queen-elizabeth-become-britains-longest-serving-monarch-1461588

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    God Save the Queen !!
  • Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman
    It's got to be tough doing nothing all day.
  • cantleave
    cantleave

if only Bentley could make a car that didn't look like it has perpetual constipation!

Bentley is owned by VW, German cars are always ugly.........Even my Audi.

• freddo
    freddo
    Who put the "Royal" in Royal Commission?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ saintbertholdt...

Wow; even bald and at 50, William'll still be better-looking than his dad.

IMO, he should just go all in and shave the rest at that point; a lot of women like the bruce Willis look, so he'd still be popular with his female subjects.

(Not that he'd be stupid enough to cheat on a hottie like Kate.)

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Ask the South African Zulus how appreciative they are of this dynasty. Destroyed their culture, their living - everything. When South Africa was given independence who do the Brits give it to? the whites! And we all know how well that worked out for the blacks in South Africa for the next 30 years. Everywhere the recoats went, cultures and peoples were destroyed in the name of the King or Queen. I'm a South African born white man and have seen what British policy caused first hand to my Zulu people who raised me. Want to challenge me on how the Brits were responsible for black suffering? Bring your best South African knowledge. You are warned. Suppot that dynasty and you support its blood stained history. Now go,wave,you,flags for the little lemon meringue lady.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Not just the British SecretSlaveClass. The French and the Dutch were pretty well practised in similar efforts.

I am no royalist and have no time for the sense of entitlement and privilege that is endemic in the British upper classes. I do wonder however what is really that different about many republics. If the UK ditched the maonarchy would it really be that much different?

The UK political scene is a nonsense of middle of the road policies that suit the well off regardless of the party proposing them. The US political landscape still features as much nepotism and family ownership of power as you would expect from an unelected monarchy. The legacy of imperialism and empire in places like South Africa still means those in power struggle to bring real change to the majority of those that were already oppressed yet abuse of power can continue unabated.

The truth of the matter as far as I can see is that man just keeps dominating man to his injury - one of the few sets of true words from the Bible.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

konceptual99:

Exactly so why so much support for any dynasty connected to tyranny?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit