Most interesting info you've found

by Freedom rocks 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It is unverifiable, but I read this and really believe it stands on its own merit:

No large group of people, including the Jews of the time, ever lived by the laws of the Bible.

All the strict rules about keeping certain holidays and setting Israelite slaves free after so many years and endless rules about cleanness and sacrifice at the temple and YADDA YADDA YADDA, all of them were written after the time when people would have supposedly lived by them, and they didn't live by them at that time.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    The bible

Was bunged together by some blokes from old bits of crap they had scattered about. It's contradictory nonsense. People will still defend it as if it were the word of their chosen god. It is a dangerous weapon in the hands of those that wish to dominate and control.

God

Made up. All made up rubbish. A bit like the gods that believers reject.

Evolution

Dunno. It won't make any difference to me where we originated. I'll die and then it won't matter. I just know that the notion of god is a cop out for filling the gaps in knowledge. IE, 'We don#t know the answer, therefore god did it.'

Satan

Fictional nonsense to frighten people into submission.

Jesus

If he did exist, he wasn't the white, blue eyed god thing people think. If he did exist it doesn't prove god exists. He never wrote a single thing that those blokes that bunged the bible together used.

Religions in general

Control. Tribal bullying. Irrational pig swill. want to waste your life and money? Join a religion.

It's all a con and we've been had good and proper.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Each male sperm has the identical DNA in it, so has nothing to do with variety.

Identical? Why are some babies boys and some girls?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

After leaving the JW, here are my findings:

The bible : Total Nonsense

God : Imagination

Evolution : Facts

Satan : Imagination.

Jesus : My have lived but all his supposed Miracles are fabricated.

Religions in general : Scams

Eventually , it turned me into an Atheist

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

That my parents don't really love me unconditionally.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Yeah its sick that parents can treat their own children that way, it's mental torture

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I remember when i discovered the UN letter and i suddenly felt weak, feint and almost scared. It had so many knock on effects to my beliefs. I made me think that maybe there's a "higher level" of information that us normal members are not allowed to know unless we progress to some sort of secret level like the Scientologists have.

Apart from that the Elders guidebook was a massive eyeopener for me. Then i read Crises Of Conscience and the rest is history.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

GREAT thread!

So many things!

But I suppose the realisation that made the greatest impact to me was the understanding that the bible itself - the very FOUNDATION of power and authority claimed by high-control groups like JWs is not the "inspired word of god". And if it was, then I am more moral that that god of the bible!

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Yeah it doesn't make sense that there's more said on a woman's menstruation than there is on creation. Its also terrible that people were allowed to enslave others and that women were just objects for childbearing.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Vestigial traits in humans. We have several. Here is a non-scientific article about some of them. The third eyelid is the most interesting to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit