Most interesting info you've found

by Freedom rocks 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Hi everyone

I was wondering what is the most interesting or the strangest fact you've found out since leaving the jws about:

The bible

God

Evolution

Satan

Jesus

Religions in general

How did the information you found affect or change your whole belief system?

The more research I'm doing the less I'm starting to believe in anything to do with the bible, religion and God

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

The fact that the word "organisation" doesn't appear in the Bible, let alone any reference to such a thing as "Jehovah's organisation".

• Tara N Seals
    Tara N Seals

The Bible was written for Jews.

The Bible supports the theory that the Earth is fixed, instead of the Sun.

Jesus of Nazareth is Jehovah of the Old Testament.

Satan is named in the Book of Jubilees.

My belief system is enhanced by these findings.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Using the name Jehovah is not exclusive to the Wt. Visiting other churches I didn't see any demons. Most people are kind, friendly and giving. The only thing I found the Wt. saying correctly is religion is a snare and a racket. Still Totally ADD

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tara N Seals...

The NT teaches that the nations/gentiles are grafted into israel in Jesus. Paul wrote that when we WERE gentiles we were without God and hope in the world. Abraham was not jewish but his belief and the promises made to him are carried forward to gentiles. The term "jew" has kind of lost its original meaning. It is a reference to the tribe of judah. Recall that Jesus came for the sheep of the HOUSE of israel, ALL the tribes...not just the "jews". So, technically the bible was written for israelites (which gentiles BECOME when grafted in) as the new covenant was made with israel and judah (jeremiah 31:31, hebrews 8:8). Nowhere in the bible does it teach that the new covenant is made with "gentiles"...belief in the work of Jesus makes us israelites 🙂

love michelle❤

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I found out, much to my surprise as a born-in JW, that the Bible has no provenance whatsoever !

I was led to believe that there were many early manuscripts and that they varied little from the later ones, or from modern Translations.

The truth, as with so much I learned as a JW, is exactly the opposite ! we have no manuscripts close in time to the Autograph copies, and what we do have is full of errors and redactions etc etc. i.e, a total mess.

If the Bible were the "word of god" he would have preserved it, intact, and with proof that the manuscripts were genuine.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

That the New Testament never even mentions an earthly hope, and all Christians go to heaven.

That the early Christians never preached door to door.

That none of JWs proof texts relate to blood transfusions.

That the last days mentioned in the New Testament are ALL about Jerusalem, not our time.

That most all beliefs unique to JWs are unique among every Christian denomination for a reason: they're easily debunked theological hogwash.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As to Evolution, it is proven scientifically that Natural Selection accounts for the flora and fauna we have today, and that includes us ( I may be more Flora LOL).

Man created god, anything we think we know about Jesus is Myth and Legend, Satan was invented by man. All religions are man made and for the benefit of men.

I do not have a "belief system", I will only trust that something is true if there is satisfactory evidence such that would convince the most knowledgeable sceptics in the field under scrutiny. Trusting that something is true by a lesser standard than this is foolish.

This means that I will die with many questions of mine unanswered, but I will not die a fool.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Junk DNA. Science uses words like "junk" and "primitive cells" which don't describe accurately what they really are.

Junk dna means that everyone/thing has dna that is the same. It's just not activated. My nephew told me this because he believes in evolution. He thought I would believe it too. But to me, it just means that the creator(s) were lazy efficient. Didn't mean they were perfect or had a perfect system thought out. Just another science experiment.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Relating to the JWS religion which I was brought in, I think it was finding out about Pyramidology and that the leader of the WTS used this crack pot theology to calculate Jesus's return in 1914.

The WTS did a pretty good job of concealing this bit of information from JWS during the second half of the 20th century.

There is a bunch more that I've research of ancient civilizations and their own selective beliefs and practices , all reconfirming that the bible has been made up of fictional ancient mythology, which was a common practice in the ancient world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit