Veitnam Quiz

by Yerusalyim 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Curious Mind
    Curious Mind

Dakota, i put that in just as an interesting point about the war that i thought some may not know, you sound a little defencive about it.

• mike047
    mike047

Dakota; GREAT post.

Mike

• Realist
    Realist
    True, these rich neighborhoods gave up a slightly higher rate of it's best and brightest than the nation as a whole.

hmmm i doubt they were the brightest.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

UN-Realist,

Sure, take a swipe at American Soldiers who served bravely and gave the last full measure of devotion for their country. I've lost a lot of respect for you over that comment.

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

sorry i know this was a controversial comment.

its actually very sad that so many people gave their life for an idelogy. quite similar to the watchtower org.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

American soldier's gave their life for an ideology? Hardly! The whole reason we fought in Vietnam was because of the aggression of the North, the Attrocities they committed. We were there trying to help the people of South Vietnam set up a better society. While in country the Special Forces alone dug 6436 wells, repaired 1210 miles of road, and built 508 hospitals and dispenceries. That was JUST the "green berets" much less the many things other people did to help the South. That's not an ideology, that's a chance at a better way of life. We fought there to honor a treaty we had made with the South.

Serious question Realist, is it your opinion that the "brightest" were those who oppossed the war? The simple fact is that many of the antiwar protestors of the Vietnam era were not pacifists, or even oppossed to wars of aggression, most just didn't want to fight in Vietnam. Were were the protestors against Soviet aggression?

The anti-war movement was a popular political tool as well. Senator John Kerry, who served honorably in Nam, wasn't a war protestor when he first came back from Nam, in fact he spoke of his time there as worthwhile. Yet, when he decided to seek political office and he saw how vocal the antiwar movement was, he joined in. He marched on the White House and threw his medals he'd earned in Nam at the white house, only, they weren't his medals, which he now has PROUDLY displayed in his office, they were medals handed to him by the organizer of the march. Later that day he gave a stirring off the cuff speech in front of congress where he'd been invited to speak. Off the cuff except that it had been written by one of Ted Kennedy's speech writers who spent several days coaching him on how to deliver it effectively.

Edited by - Yerusalyim on 30 January 2003 10:57:17

• Realist
    Realist

the US and the rest of the west was afraid of communism taking over the world. thats why they faught communist movements all over the world...south america, africa, asia, europe.

it was the frear of influence that made the US governemnt to intervene.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    hmmm i doubt they were the brightest.

Real nice, dude, real nice. You must be a real treat. People who died in Vietnam thank you for the insult.

They served and died for their country, and died more bravely than I ever will.

ash

• Realist
    Realist

ash,

i apologized already. i do it again if you want. they were not stupid...but misled.

They served and died for their country

they did not fight for their country.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

How can you have a true/false test when the vast majority of the questions are subjective and based on/ask for opinion?

Sorry, Yeru, but my propaganda meter is off the scales right now.

Hmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit