London Bethelites Are Agitated!

by The Searcher 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

A source has informed me that a relative who's in London Bethel has said that a number of Bethelites there are very uncomfortable and embarrassed because the Branch has received "quite a few letters" querying why members of the governing body were wearing flashy rings and jewellery on some of the monthly broadcasts, but on the broadcast when the G.B. asked for more money from the congregations - their gold and jewellery was not on display!

The G.B. will probably emerge one day wearing sackcloth, begging for yet more donations.

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

Love it, love it, love it.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    That's a legitimate concern, I would say. At least they're paying attention and questioning irregularities instead of shaking with fear at the thought of questioning god's chosen.
  • username
    username
    It just goes to show that the GB know exactly what is going on if this is the case. I've heard some exjws say the GB are even victims of the cult but if the attention to detail by the GB is to this extend then they know exactly what they are doing!
  • Calebs Airplane
  • stillin
    stillin

As the saying goes, you can't un-ring a bell. The GB can take off their bling for the videos but it's too late. People have seen it. I wouldn't put it past myself to make an offhand comment to one of my Witness friends, "hm, they aren't wearing their jewelry in the latest video."

bwaaaahahaha!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    Yes, tie pins, cuff links, watches, pinky rings.... What else is acceptable for a man to bling himself with? Amazing they don't have nose rings & earrings. I'm sure that if they could, they would.
  • oppostate
    oppostate

The evidence is out! There pictures showing their ostentatious display of materialistic possessions are on the internet, there's no recalling them back and no re-writing history.

We'd do well to follow the Brit's example and complain to the U.S. Branch. It's a headache they don't need and we can exacerbate it by making all the noise we feel like making.

Let's agitate away!

• Calebs Airplane
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Some people (smart people) can get really concerned about how others piss away their donations.

I quit donating years before I really awakened to TTATT because of the ridiculous waste I observed at the local and circuit level.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit